Texas Hunting Forum

9ft Ceilings

Posted By: Sauerkraut

9ft Ceilings - 12/07/20 03:13 PM

Hi Everybody,

I shot a mule deer buck that I really like this past weekend and am trying to decide between a euro or shoulder mount. We are in the process of building a house and it will have 9' ceilings. Ideally I would want the mount above the mantle.

Do y'all think a shoulder mount would look crowded or funny above the mantle in a room with 9' ceilings? scratch

Thanks!
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: 9ft Ceilings - 12/07/20 03:25 PM

I had low ceilings in my last house and did “sneak” poses to keep the height of the mounts down. Might look at doing something like that to help with the height. This picture is taken with higher ceilings but you can see how low the mount can sit. [Linked Image]
Posted By: b weezy

Re: 9ft Ceilings - 12/07/20 07:50 PM

How tall was he? How much room do you have between your mantle and ceiling?
Posted By: Erny

Re: 9ft Ceilings - 12/07/20 08:00 PM

I have 8 foot ceilings and several mounts on the wall. Your taxidermist can recommend a mount pose that will be compact vertically. I bet a normal mount will look just fine.

Re: 9ft Ceilings - 12/07/20 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by b weezy
How tall was he? How much room do you have between your mantle and ceiling?

Probably about 3' between mantle and ceiling. He wasn't super tall but I don't have a measurement.

Here's the deer

[Linked Image]

Re: 9ft Ceilings - 12/07/20 08:20 PM

I think I'm leaning toward a euro just to be on the safe side.

Re: 9ft Ceilings - 12/08/20 03:24 AM

3’ would be tight... if you have a buddy with a mounted deer, have him bring it by and throw it up there and see how it fits

Re: 9ft Ceilings - 12/08/20 03:25 AM

Pretty deer btw
Posted By: ErikL

Re: 9ft Ceilings - 12/08/20 02:06 PM

shoulder mount, should be fine. full snoop might keep em low.
Posted By: RHutch

Re: 9ft Ceilings - 12/08/20 08:54 PM

I just measured my mule deer mount. It is 44" from brisket to tip of the antlers. He is erect, not sneak...maybe semi-sneak...heck I dont know... for reference.

Don't think most antlered deer in a shoulder mount would fit in a 3' vertical space without looking crowded., even if they did "fit".

Re: 9ft Ceilings - 12/09/20 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by RHutch
I just measured my mule deer mount. It is 44" from brisket to tip of the antlers. He is erect, not sneak...maybe semi-sneak...heck I dont know... for reference.

Don't think most antlered deer in a shoulder mount would fit in a 3' vertical space without looking crowded., even if they did "fit".

Thank you for measuring it for me. I think I'm going to go with the euro to be safe. Personal taste, but I'm not super crazy about a "full sneak" pose and I think that would be my only option. I have about 40" from mantle to ceiling.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: 9ft Ceilings - 12/09/20 09:46 PM

Nice one
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: 9ft Ceilings - 12/10/20 12:41 AM

9' ceiling

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TXhogkilr

Re: 9ft Ceilings - 12/10/20 05:52 PM

I like the idea of sneak or semi-sneak
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum