Texas Hunting Forum

Whitetail Taxi Recommendations

Posted By: txcornhusker

Whitetail Taxi Recommendations - 11/22/20 04:44 AM

So...I arrowed a great buck yesterday. Main beam break an inch after the G2 on his right side. My question is this, best recommendations for someone that can do a great job fabricating but doesn’t take forever in the north Texas area?? Not concerned with cost.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Whitetail Taxi Recommendations - 11/22/20 07:59 PM

worthless
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Whitetail Taxi Recommendations - 11/22/20 08:12 PM

It may be to far but I used a place down in Kerrville do mine. They do the repairs using fiberglass and they turned out really well. You can not tell that the tines were repaired...it helped that I had trail cam pics of the bucks to show the tine length and shape of them. They color, stain and even put the texture or beading that was back in to match the rest of the antler. I still have their contact info but not real sure if they are still in business since I have not used them in 16 years now.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Whitetail Taxi Recommendations - 11/23/20 12:00 AM

CALEB AT TROPHY CASE IN BRIDGEPORT
Posted By: Daniel Boone

Re: Whitetail Taxi Recommendations - 11/23/20 12:15 AM

Dustin Cade in Royse City has done three for me and always does a great job. Typical turnaround time is about six months. Highly recommend him.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Whitetail Taxi Recommendations - 11/23/20 01:26 AM

I have been using Alpine Taxidermy in Fort Worth for years. You will be happy with his work and he has a fast turnaround.
Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: Whitetail Taxi Recommendations - 11/23/20 02:46 AM

Spend the money, typically $650 to $750. May have to drive; but looking at the work for 20 years offsets the cost. I think the eyes give away a good mount.
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Whitetail Taxi Recommendations - 11/23/20 09:35 PM

Double D in Rockwall. He does a great job with all the stuff we sent, dad has a buck there now
Posted By: jeffbird

Re: Whitetail Taxi Recommendations - 11/23/20 09:50 PM

Damuth in Brady does outstanding repair work.

I took a friend's WT rack with a broken beam there. He sent them several game camera photos and they recreated the broken portion.

Holding it in hand the repaired portion was indistinguishable from the "real" antler. Truly amazing work.

Re: Whitetail Taxi Recommendations - 11/24/20 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pope&Young
worthless

Haha Not sure why but I’m having issues like some others post pics with an apple product.

Re: Whitetail Taxi Recommendations - 11/24/20 11:01 PM

Thanks guys!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum