Texas Hunting Forum

Plastic Skulls!

Posted By: pertnear

Plastic Skulls! - 04/21/20 12:27 AM

A ranch owner friend of mine found the matching sheds off a very nice buck he has running around on his place. I said I'd mount them on a plaque for him. I discovered that they make a plastic skull top that you can mount the two sides on then attach to the board. Works really well!

But the real surprise I found out is that you can get full plastic skulls to do Euro's also! No mess or fuss. You just saw the horns off each side & grind them flat & screw to the plastic skull plate. I haven't tried one but it looks like an interesting idea. Just FWIW....
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: Plastic Skulls! - 04/21/20 01:41 AM

Also in polished steel, makes an interesting mount as well
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Plastic Skulls! - 04/21/20 03:37 PM

How does it look in person? Could it pass as real?
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Plastic Skulls! - 04/22/20 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by TKandMike
How does it look in person? Could it pass as real?

X2
Posted By: FamousAmos

Re: Plastic Skulls! - 05/06/20 04:29 PM

I used one to replace a euro that was knocked off the wall and broke. It is not way close to real looking,
Posted By: Normanpig

Re: Plastic Skulls! - 05/11/20 10:41 PM

https://www.usskullhunter.com/product/dont-tread-on-me-replica-deer-skull

These look real! He doesn’t sell the plain ones all the time though. You can get on his Emil list though. I think it was 60ish.
Posted By: DavidC.

Re: Plastic Skulls! - 05/13/20 12:36 AM

Spend the time and money and get it done right, real skulls are hard to beat, plastic looks like plastic, I've done skulls every way possible over the years, the real skull looks the best if you can save it. I've used real replacement skulls with shed horns, a little more work but well worth the trouble.
DC
Posted By: Papalote

Re: Plastic Skulls! - 05/13/20 03:31 PM

I'll pass.
Posted By: travisk

Re: Plastic Skulls! - 07/08/20 12:20 AM

For mounting sheds these guys have a really good solution. I have used one and they are super stout.

https://www.rack-hub.com/
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Plastic Skulls! - 07/08/20 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Papalote
I'll pass.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum