Texas Hunting Forum

Bobcat Taxidermist Suggestions?

Posted By: TexasOutdoorsman

Bobcat Taxidermist Suggestions? - 11/14/19 02:42 PM

Shot this bobcat the other day big tom with a unique coat pattern, probably 5 feet long stretched out (back paw to front paw).

I’m looking for a some one that does good bobcats. If y’all have had any done or suggestion any taxidermists let me see pics of there work and the name of the shop.

Thanks! cowboy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Southtexas36

Re: Bobcat Taxidermist Suggestions? - 11/14/19 03:04 PM

When I get the right looking cat, like you've done here, Huftax on here is going to get it. Great looking cat BTW, congrats cheers
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Bobcat Taxidermist Suggestions? - 11/14/19 03:20 PM

Hufftax will get it if I get another cat done.

Re: Bobcat Taxidermist Suggestions? - 11/14/19 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Southtexas36
When I get the right looking cat, like you've done here, Huftax on here is going to get it. Great looking cat BTW, congrats cheers

Awesome! Do you know where he is located or how to get ahold of him?

Re: Bobcat Taxidermist Suggestions? - 11/14/19 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by TexasOutdoorsman

His name is Jerry Huffaker, located in Abilene, you can PM him on here or he has a Facebook page, or Huffakertaxidermy.com. Go back a few pages in the Taxidermy section and he's posted some pics of cats he's done.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Bobcat Taxidermist Suggestions? - 11/14/19 04:02 PM

I took a big tom (48#) about 10 or so years ago, did a lot of searching around my area to finalize on Billington Ranch Taxidermy located near Andice (NW from Georgetown). Does a very good job on cats. Most mounted cats eyes just don't look right to me, Evelyn Billington did a wonderful job on mine. I will try to remember to take a picture when I am at home.

Billington Ranch Taxidermy

Re: Bobcat Taxidermist Suggestions? - 11/14/19 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by PMK
I took a big tom (48#) about 10 or so years ago, did a lot of searching around my area to finalize on Billington Ranch Taxidermy located near Andice (NW from Georgetown). Does a very good job on cats. Most mounted cats eyes just don't look right to me, Evelyn Billington did a wonderful job on mine. I will try to remember to take a picture when I am at home.

Honestly, I'm glad that you got a good one from them, one of my most disappointing bobcat mounts came from Billington. I think they were the hype on here around that time and I fell for some of the better pics that were posted on here. Maybe it's just me but when I spend $1K on mount and wall pedestal I expect a little more than this. This was a full bodied Webb Co bobcat, came back looking like it hadn't eaten for a month, bald spots and also a base that separated from the plywood backing.

[Linked Image]

Re: Bobcat Taxidermist Suggestions? - 11/14/19 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by PMK

Right now I’m looking at double nickel in New Braunfels and Gods Creation in Weatherford
Posted By: oldstyle244

Re: Bobcat Taxidermist Suggestions? - 11/14/19 04:53 PM

I got mine done at JRs taxidermy in Keller, TX; I posted it on here a while back, had hi do mine with a couple Chukar, he did a great job.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Bobcat Taxidermist Suggestions? - 11/14/19 05:22 PM

Awesome! Do you know where he is located or how to get a hold of him?

Abilene
https://huffakertaxidermy.com
Posted By: b weezy

Re: Bobcat Taxidermist Suggestions? - 11/14/19 08:33 PM

Looks like double nickel does nice work judging from the website. I’d stay clear of god’s creation, check out the reviews on him about 4 topics down on this taxidermy page.
Posted By: b weezy

Re: Bobcat Taxidermist Suggestions? - 11/14/19 08:34 PM

I would not be happy with that either
Originally Posted by PMK

Honestly, I'm glad that you got a good one from them, one of my most disappointing bobcat mounts came from Billington. I think they were the hype on here around that time and I fell for some of the better pics that were posted on here. Maybe it's just me but when I spend $1K on mount and wall pedestal I expect a little more than this. This was a full bodied Webb Co bobcat, came back looking like it hadn't eaten for a month, bald spots and also a base that separated from the plywood backing.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Bobcat Taxidermist Suggestions? - 11/15/19 02:04 AM

Cypress Slough Taxidermy

Chuck Denson is an artist. Does a great job on cats. Does this full time so its not a side gig for him.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Bobcat Taxidermist Suggestions? - 11/15/19 05:00 PM

Dave Dooley in Rockwall
Posted By: mustang coach

Re: Bobcat Taxidermist Suggestions? - 11/15/19 05:09 PM

Safari Studios- Grape Creek
Posted By: ckat

Re: Bobcat Taxidermist Suggestions? - 11/18/19 04:31 PM

HufTax would be my vote. His cats are the most consistent quality-wise that I have seen...
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Bobcat Taxidermist Suggestions? - 11/18/19 04:42 PM

His name is Jerry Huffaker, located in Abilene, you can PM him on here or he has a Facebook page, or Huffakertaxidermy.com. Go back a few pages in the Taxidermy section and he's posted some pics of cats he's done.

Another vote for him. I've never seen cats better than his.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Bobcat Taxidermist Suggestions? - 11/19/19 08:22 PM

Brazos Valley Taxidermy did the cat and the duck. I added the antlers later.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum