Texas Hunting Forum

Taxidermy recommendations

Posted By: DSST_Construction

Taxidermy recommendations - 09/02/19 10:28 PM

Looking for a new Taxidermist, I’m located in Houston but will be coming from Paris Tx a lot. Anyone have someone’s they recommend aswell as average turn around time
Posted By: TxHunter80

Re: Taxidermy recommendations - 09/03/19 12:02 PM

B&B or Woods & Water. I've used them both. They won't be the cheapest. However, you'll get above average work in a reasonable time frame. Both are big shops that aren't going anywhere. I waited probably 8-9 months for my last batch from Wood & Water
Posted By: Erny

Re: Taxidermy recommendations - 09/04/19 03:30 AM

Alpine Taxidermy in Fort Worth does mine. Always been satisfied with the work and quick turnaround.
Posted By: Bbcat78

Re: Taxidermy recommendations - 09/17/19 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Erny
Alpine Taxidermy in Fort Worth does mine. Always been satisfied with the work and quick turnaround.

I used them for a blackbuck and love the end result. Will use them again without a doubt
Posted By: Southtexas36

Re: Taxidermy recommendations - 09/17/19 03:47 PM

For WT, I've been using Major Creations in Cypress, I'm probably up to 10-12 shoulder mounts with him and never had a problem, great friendly service and you get your mount back when promised. I dropped one off Dec 14, 2018 and picked it up last week, I dropped another off last week and it'll be done in Dec, just depends on the time of year. Here's a few he's done for me.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: txmudder

Re: Taxidermy recommendations - 09/18/19 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Erny

Alpine gets all my business. They do great work!
Posted By: fitchjr

Re: Taxidermy recommendations - 09/18/19 02:12 AM

Woods and Water is who I use and recommend
Posted By: Heavy T

Re: Taxidermy recommendations - 09/20/19 03:26 PM

Damuth in Brady !! Approx. 9 months for my blackbuck, just as they promised.
Not on your way ,But you will be happy with the results.
Tom
Posted By: mustang coach

Re: Taxidermy recommendations - 09/20/19 03:37 PM

It's way out of the way....Look at Safari Studios in San Angelo. Great people and Amazing work.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum