Texas Hunting Forum

Euro Mount Process

Posted By: JB1316

Euro Mount Process - 11/12/18 09:17 PM

Im hoping if I can tag a buck this year to have a euro mount done. I'll have the deer processed at a processor, and was wondering what the protocol was keep/retain the head? Should I field dress the deer first but leave the head attached until I get to a processor then ask them to cut it off for me? Or should I remove the head before dropping it off but just keep it on hand for proof of sex/tag?
I've never had a mount done, just dropped the deer off gutted previously, so not sure what the process would be here.
Posted By: oldstyle244

Re: Euro Mount Process - 11/12/18 09:24 PM

I usually cut mine off when field dressing and then just keep it with you as proof of sex until you get to the processor. You can leave it on until you get to the processor, but I have seen some places that want to charge you to hack it off real quick.
Posted By: JB1316

Re: Euro Mount Process - 11/12/18 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by oldstyle244
I usually cut mine off when field dressing and then just keep it with you as proof of sex until you get to the processor. You can leave it on until you get to the processor, but I have seen some places that want to charge you to hack it off real quick.

That's what I was kind of thinking would happen. Or, that it'd be awkward to sit in the parking lot cutting the head off... not really a good look.
Posted By: mctaxidermy

Re: Euro Mount Process - 11/13/18 04:44 AM

I’m in hurst I do them for $75 with plaque give me text I
Fix you up
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Euro Mount Process - 11/13/18 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by mctaxidermy
I’m in hurst I do them for $75 with plaque give me text I
Fix you up

He's done three of mine and I'm more than satisfied with the work and price.
Posted By: supersampson12

Re: Euro Mount Process - 11/14/18 12:20 AM

Mctaxidermy does good work. All the processor needs is the tag. It's up to you when you cut the head off.
Posted By: deerhunter1956

Re: Euro Mount Process - 11/20/18 05:05 PM

I just got my 8 point back from McTaxidermy great job and fast.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Euro Mount Process - 12/02/18 02:06 AM

Another vote here for MC Taxidermy. Mike is a great guy who does great work at a reasonable price.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum