Texas Hunting Forum

Warning: H&H Fur Dressing

Posted By: Creekrunner

Warning: H&H Fur Dressing - 01/27/15 06:27 PM

My taxidermist is apologizing all over himself for ever recommending H&H Fur Dressing (drop point in Helotes, TX) for me to drop off a backskin I'd had salted and stored. He's had hell with them for his capes and every time he or I call up to the home office in Michigan (Reed City), the owner tells you your stuff is going in "tomorrow". She also lets you know about all the equipment problems they've had. Going on 1 year from drop off. Sounds like the wheels are coming off. Beware.
Posted By: MikeBillington

Re: Warning: H&H Fur Dressing - 01/27/15 09:24 PM

use Fur Dressing Express down in Houston. Those people are awesome. I have never waited longer then 3 months on anything and everything has been A class quality.
Posted By: JakeinTX

Re: Warning: H&H Fur Dressing - 01/28/15 04:22 PM

I got my giraffe hide back from Billington Ranch and they use Fur Dressing Express as listed above. My hide was handled differently than normal and I got to interact with staff at Fur Dressing Express. They were a great group of guys and couldn't be nicer. Mailed my hide to me and it's awesome.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Warning: H&H Fur Dressing - 03/01/15 04:52 AM

TTT

Still haven't heard a word. Dropped off a giraffe backskin 1/30/2014 at their Helotes, TX drop point. I will call and get more lies on Monday.

DO NOT USE H&H FUR DRESSING.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum