Texas Hunting Forum

Need 2 Euro Mounts Done

Posted By: Stub

Need 2 Euro Mounts Done - 11/17/14 10:54 PM

I have one skull that I cleaned really good from last year, and one that I just harvested that has the whole head in a heavy duty trash can. I live in N.Dallas and do not want to drive to BFE to get have them done. So if your in Dallas, Plano, McKinney, Wylie, Garland Farmers Branch, Carrollton area please PM me.

Thanks!
Posted By: wildsidetaxi

Re: Need 2 Euro Mounts Done - 11/18/14 01:00 PM

Hello there Stub. If no one answers you on here, I can help you out but I know there are taxi's closer to you than me. I am 40 min E of Mckinney in Merit. I am here if you need anything.
Posted By: ijohnston

Re: Need 2 Euro Mounts Done - 11/18/14 03:56 PM

Texas Giant in Wylie does a great job. He has done a couple for me in the past. I am hoping he still does id because I have one that needs to be done. I am hoping one of our fellow THF members can get in touch with him.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Need 2 Euro Mounts Done - 11/25/14 11:20 AM

I decided to go with Double-D Taxidermy out of Rockwall. Lots of great references from here and I want it to look good!
Dave (DD) seems like a great guy, been doing it for 40 years. He actually does it a unique way and cleans everything from the skull but the brains, he says the chemicals/acids from the brain will bleach it out and not turn yellow down the road.

I paid more than I expected $135.00 and it comes on a walnut plaque, but its a cool and special rack that I want to enjoy for a long time!
Posted By: pak

Re: Need 2 Euro Mounts Done - 02/04/15 04:41 AM

125 cleaned and bleached 972-617=3134 Red Oak Taxidermy 40 years in same location
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum