Texas Hunting Forum

Airbrush trouble need help!

Posted By: NateC

Airbrush trouble need help! - 03/16/13 02:29 AM

Need some help from you more experienced airbrush guys. I have a badger renegade gravity brush that I use for finish work. It was a gift from my wife after I got out of taxidermy school. Have been using it for a few years with no troubles. I use life tone water base paints. All I have ever done to it after use is clean good with water. I have taken it a part and soaked it in warm soapy water a few time. But the trouble I am having is the air is bubbling up in to the bowl and popping the lid off and no paint comes out of the end. What do I need to do to fix this?
Posted By: Ranger8292

Re: Airbrush trouble need help! - 03/19/13 06:59 PM

I love my Badger, But I Clean it a lot more often, especially using Water Based Paints. Make sure that you didn't accidentally bend the Tip of your needle. Sounds like you are getting some kind of Back Pressure Built up.
Posted By: Deer Creek Taxidermy

Re: Airbrush trouble need help! - 03/19/13 07:49 PM

Sounds like your tip is clogged... Unscrew the tip on the end of your airbrush, look inside and you'll see six little holes around the edge, you need to clean out those holes, soak in acetone and take a fine needle to clean, also the holes in the end of the airbrush may be clogged too!!! Thats probly whats causing the back pressure. Hope this helps!!
Posted By: Dixie Kay

Re: Airbrush trouble need help! - 03/19/13 09:45 PM

Yep tip is stopped up and the Life tone hydromist water base clogs them up. I use only Iwata. Have the same problem even with them from time to time. I have 34 on hand and I take them all apart once a week and clean really good. Clean them through out the day as normal cleaning. I have to replace tips and needles pretty regular but I do paint over 1000 fish a year.
www.fishscaletaxidermy.com
Posted By: NateC

Re: Airbrush trouble need help! - 03/20/13 02:03 AM

Thanks guys I will try cleaning it some more.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum