Texas Hunting Forum

Whiffling Canada Goose

Posted By: BirdWorks

Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/08/11 07:44 PM

...This client has always wanted a Whiffling Goose for his collection:

Posted By: BMD

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/08/11 07:54 PM

To each his own don't care for that one at all, you do great work and you have to do what customer wants up

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/08/11 07:59 PM

I think the hardcore goose killers might disagree with ya'. duel

If I was rich and had a huge mansion (which strangely I don't scratch LOL) I would have an entire wall full of Whiffling Geese. (A group like this would be called a skein).

BMD, this type of pose is what fuels bird taxidermists! but I certainly understand and respect to each his own in regards to prefereces, and I'm thankful for the differences as it keeps it interesting. flag When I was cutting my teeth, the old man would only let me mount 2 poses and 2 poses only - Banking wall or standing alert. Drove me crazy LOL!...I think that's why I enjoy doing different poses to this day.

Posted By: MilosMaster

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/08/11 08:17 PM

Love it! I know it looks crazy, but for the doubters here is a pic of a goose in pretty much the exact same pose. Adding a goose in this pose to my 'to do' list!

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/08/11 08:21 PM

This pose always gets people going both for and against...even more than the cross duck stuff! LOL smile

Posted By: MilosMaster

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/08/11 08:49 PM

I think it's the people who haven't actually seen a goose do that in person that take issue with the pose. Once you've seen them dumping down on you like that I think it would be hard not to appreciate. Great work as always.

Posted By: BMD

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/08/11 08:53 PM

I know they do it just a pose I don't care for in a mount, in no way did I knock hiswork and I guess if you had a wall full of geese it would be ok, just like some of the stupid ears I have on my deer just to change it up, but I will never have a wall full of geese just not my thing.

Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/08/11 09:13 PM

Awesome!

Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/08/11 10:30 PM

Good looking bird and great taxidermy as always, Matt. Singularly - not my thing at all.

BUT - It'd be pretty stellar to see multiple geese taking up a whole wall dumping altitude with the crazy aerobatics they do.

Bet you wouldn't have a probelm with trying to talking him into five, six, or more birds going ballistic on the wall. Everybody needs some job security, right??

Keep up the good work - enjoying seeing your craft!!!!

Posted By: kbobbjr

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/08/11 10:45 PM

I agree in that I don't care for it but I would love to have a group of them. Watching them do that is one amazing site.

Posted By: kdub

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/08/11 11:48 PM

I like it.

Posted By: FamousAmos

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/09/11 04:44 PM

I LOVE the out of the ordinary poses.

Posted By: Longhorn95

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/09/11 07:32 PM

My first thought was the goose was having a seizure.

Dumb question from a non-waterfowler, but is it common for the goose to use that crazy inverted pose to drop altitude quickly?

Found the answer to my own question. Neat photo sequence and explanation:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-slow-down.html

Posted By: SR025

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/09/11 10:44 PM

That is awesome! I know how my next Canada will be done.

Posted By: Frisbie

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/10/11 12:31 AM

hope he is there when I come pick up all my birds. I wanna see this in person!

Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/10/11 12:57 AM

Nice work!, look's like a hard mount to do.

Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/11/11 03:47 AM

Awesome!

Posted By: cody

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/11/11 01:48 PM

Very unique...I want one folded up falling with the wadding suspended in mid air above him...

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/11/11 08:25 PM

Them more I look at this mount, the more I like it!

Posted By: fordtough

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/12/11 12:34 PM

thats freakin awesome!

Posted By: BMowatt

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 04/16/11 12:45 AM

nice

Posted By: applequacks

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 08/10/11 03:49 PM

jeez thats fantastic

Posted By: indianapigsticker

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 08/10/11 06:03 PM

never would of thought of that

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 01/04/13 04:20 AM

Matt...do you have a finished picture of this mount? I killed a massive greater today in South Dakota and This is the only pose that came to mind.
Posted By: SweetTea

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 01/04/13 04:35 AM

That's hardcore there

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 01/04/13 04:42 AM

Very unique
Posted By: brazosboyt

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 01/04/13 01:34 PM

I see specs do that a lot and have always thoughtvabout doing one. Love it!

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 01/04/13 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: cody
Matt...do you have a finished picture of this mount? I killed a massive greater today in South Dakota and This is the only pose that came to mind.

I'm sorry Cody, I didn't have time to take a pic of this one. frown

p.s. I can't get the freakin' Word.Doc to attach to send you the training information, so I'm jus gonna mail it to ya! smile

p.s.s. I don't recall getting an invitiation to kill geeses in SoDak?? grin

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 01/04/13 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: brazosboyt
I see specs do that a lot and have always thoughtvabout doing one. Love it!

You've got the space Todd...you should do (3) in a group in various stages of Whiffling. I think Two specks and a fat, greedy Snow goose with an open mouth would be kewl together.
Posted By: Capt.JVH

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 01/04/13 08:21 PM

love it! Thats a mount that would test people when they come into your home. The initial reaction would tell you if they hunt geese or not. I'm betting you would either here "AWESOME!" or, "What the heck is wrong with that?"
Posted By: BowfishNinja

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 01/07/13 05:27 PM

Sweet!
Posted By: Trout-killer

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 01/07/13 06:54 PM

I think it looks awesome. Its crazy how those birds can get inverted like that.
Posted By: CinchMan

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 01/07/13 11:46 PM

I had the pleasure of seeing this one in person and I was amazed by it. I'm not a waterfowl hunter (Matt did an outstanding job on a Kansas pheasant for me) but I thought it was very unique an interesting.

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 01/08/13 02:37 PM

The second day of hunting I did more bird watching...watched probably 10,000 greaters come and go...I never saw a single one whiffle. I see lessers do it all the time. Anyone ever seen a greater do it?
Posted By: Capt.JVH

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 01/08/13 02:49 PM

yep, I grew up hunting pretty much nothing but greaters in northern Illinois. Watched them do it on many occasions. They dont get quite as acrobatic though. First time I saw them do it I was a kid watching them out my living room window dumping into a picked corn field across the road from my house. It blew my mind. One of those random childhood memories that stick I guess
Posted By: ShootEmFoldEm

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 01/09/13 05:29 PM

Looks awesome!! I like the non-traditional poses on certain species, and this one is a great fit!!
Posted By: westexhunter

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 01/14/13 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: BMD
To each his own don't care for that one at all, you do great work and you have to do what customer wants up

Dude no one cares about your negative comments on this thread or any other, be postive or stop commenting.. good idea for mount would be wiffling goose into bmd, snap
Posted By: sheep_hunter

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 01/19/13 05:24 AM

Very unique mount.

Personally i love it, but can understand why someone wouldnt like it.

Takes on a new meaning to me after seeing the birds perform the manuver.

as always, great work up wish you could take just one more bird for 2013!!! (my hoodie grin)
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 01/19/13 12:25 PM

I like it!
Posted By: dbzell

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 01/21/13 10:45 PM

Nice!
Posted By: nogeese

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 01/22/13 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: westexhunter

Dude no one cares about your negative comments on this thread or any other, be postive or stop commenting.. good idea for mount would be wiffling goose into bmd, snap

I didnt think the comment was negative just his opinion... matt does great work and I have some of his work in my trophy room... I also was a goose guide for several years and I have seen this but i dont like it either... But since it isnt going on my wall WHO CARES the customer wanted it and he is happy thats all that matters.
Posted By: Darren Danielson

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 02/07/13 05:13 PM

Nice
Posted By: Grayson

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 02/13/13 02:35 AM

How are you coming on your turkeys from 3-4 years ago?
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 02/13/13 03:11 AM

Pot, meet kettle bolt
Originally Posted By: westexhunter

Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 02/13/13 05:19 AM

Sweet

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 02/15/13 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Grayson
How are you coming on your turkeys from 3-4 years ago?
???

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 02/25/13 09:37 PM

ttt for an answer since BirdWorks appears to be back online.
Posted By: duckiller

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 02/26/13 03:06 AM

I would go pick them up and take them elsewhere. There are other taxis out there that want your business and have the same or better quality.

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 02/26/13 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: duckiller

I would go pick them up and take them elsewhere. There are other taxis out there that want your business and have the same or better quality.
Oh, I'm quite sure of that. I've been very very pleased with the level of work and customer service I've received in the past from Pat McGruder with Avian Arts.

But I still think a response is appropriate. If you're going to advertise your trade on here ad nauseum, customers or potential customers are entitled to see how you handle your business when things don't go according to plan. That's all part of being a service professional.

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 02/26/13 06:31 PM

Quality of work is only part of the equation when dealing with a taxidermist. If you can't trust a man with a trophy then it really doesn't matter how good he is.

Pat is a good guy, will shoot you straight, and has a finished product second to none.

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 02/26/13 07:24 PM

My apologies to whoever you are "Grayson". I make it a point not to look at or respond to hijacked threads by people with a hidden agenda that routinely break the rules on this site. I have a life and I simply don't have time for negative posts by people that hide behind a keyboard. My long term, loyal clients understand that taxidermy requires two-way communication.

My questions to you would be: Who are you??? Do you have a working phone? Do you have the ability to send a pm or email? Give me a call and let me know what your name is and I can check on and give you a status of a work order for you if I have one. smile

Thanks - Matt

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 02/26/13 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: duckiller
Quality of work is only part of the equation when dealing with a taxidermist. If you can't trust a man with a trophy then it really doesn't matter how good he is.

Stephen, you are the king of hidden agendas and holding a grudge. You called me three years ago and told me that you wanted FREE TAXIDERMY LESSONS and I politely declined. You've never met me in person, I've never done ANY WORK FOR YOU, you've never been to my shop but, because I wouldn't train you for free, you've been attacking me on this site ever since.
Don't deny it, the posts were captured by the Moderators and you know it. They've always told me to "just ignore" you, but now I'm just sick of it.

You say you are a good Christian that attends church since getting cut up in that motor, but it appears you're back to your old hating tricks. Unlike you I won't post here the countless number of complaints that I had hunters tell me about you year in and year out when you where still guiding waterfowl hunts. Folks were very glad when you sold out and many, myself included, wish you would disappear from this site or at the very least shut your always negative mouth.

I find it interesting that you always follow the same routine of A. hijacking a thread, B attacking me and then you C.ONLY MENTION ONE OTHER TAXIDERMIST, while this site has a total of (8) bird taxidermists that post pictures trying to solicite business?

I'm sorry that my business is such a threat to you and the one that you mistakenly believe you are helping. I'm sorry that you haven't (and won't) run me off this site like you've done to so many others.(Either by design, or by folks that just got sick of your negative attitude.) I'm sorry that your very important life lessons, those wake up calls that we all get from time to time, have been forgotten so quickly. I'm sorry that you felt you were ENTITLED to free taxidermy training because you are the great "duckkiller".

This thread is none of your business, but you love holding grudges,(don't believe me? Ask the people that you went to college with or the customers of the business where you work..they have plenty to say about the hate that you demonstrate)...in this case because I refused to allow your HUGE EGO in my shop to take Bird Taxidermy LESSONS THAT YOU DID NOT WANT TO PAY FOR AND BELIEVED YOU SHOULD GET FOR FREE. Maybe you can get more involved in your church, maybe you can find those sites that thrive on the negative hate and confrontation that you crave so much, but please STOP your negativity here.

...and know this...the huge number of lurkers on here who hate you and those like you make up my loyal clientele. So, Thanks for helping me to sustain my business with CLIENTS THAT I WANT and APPRECIATE!

And let me take this opportunity to explain my business plan once again so that you might be able to understand it:

1) High Quality has always been and will always be first and foremost
2) Everything included (best eyes, wood, habitat, repairs)
3) Best Price. Period.
4) Great Discounts for select group members like THF members.
5) I post pictures as "shop updates" for my clients and lurkers; not to attract new business as stated on my website.

I have a huge backlog. I have always been blessed with more work than time. 99% percent of my clients have paid good money and gotten bad birds back quickly. They understand my business model and it works very well for them. They are very patient and understand how a ONE MAN shop works. It does not work for everyone but the laws of captilisim ensure that they can take their trophies to the hundreds and hundreds of taxidermists that will CUT CORNERS AND/OR WHOLESALE BIRDS OUT to meet a fast turnaround time. (I'll have much more to say about "Wholesale" at a later date.) Fast turnaround has never been part of my business model and never will be. I hope this helps to clarify. Back to the Birds! smile

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 02/26/13 10:19 PM

Your a trip bro. I am sure I have a massive following of haters.

I have sent you a pm to clarify your numerous inconsistencies in your previous post.

Good luck to ya!

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 03/01/13 01:45 AM

Have to ask.... can I get free lessons? Not that Im entitle to them, but I'll bring my own birds AND Im a previous client roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: sig1921

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 03/04/13 02:12 AM

this has to be the longest thread in the TAX section at over 2 years.

FYI - coolest mount ever and for those who disagree, you have to see a goose do it to appreciate it
Posted By: ShootEmFoldEm

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 03/05/13 02:10 PM

I'd have to agree with Birdworks here, there's no reason for posting anything negative on this forum...oh and I enjoyed reading the beat down post, well done Sir

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 03/05/13 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: BirdWorks
My apologies to whoever you are "Grayson". I make it a point not to look at or respond to hijacked threads by people with a hidden agenda that routinely break the rules on this site. I have a life and I simply don't have time for negative posts by people that hide behind a keyboard. My long term, loyal clients understand that taxidermy requires two-way communication.

My questions to you would be: Who are you??? Do you have a working phone? Do you have the ability to send a pm or email? Give me a call and let me know what your name is and I can check on and give you a status of a work order for you if I have one. smile

Thanks - Matt
Honestly, I decline your request for a PM because the last time we exchanged PM's (about the same turkey you haven't mounted yet, BTW) you sent me your cell phone and threatened to meet me somewhere and beat me up. LOL. What is this, middle school?

The fact that you have no idea how many turkeys you have from 3-4 years ago that haven't been mounted tells me all I need to know. Wow. Guess we won't be getting that one back. Oh well, lesson learned. That's why I like to take my bird taxidermy business to Avian Arts. Great guy, honest, and no physical threats of violence yet. flehan
Posted By: toolman

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 03/05/13 04:36 PM

And another thread goes off the rails...popcorn

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 03/05/13 09:07 PM

[/quote]Honestly, I decline your request for a PM because the last time we exchanged PM's (about the same turkey you haven't mounted yet, BTW) you sent me your cell phone and threatened to meet me somewhere and beat me up. LOL. What is this, middle school?

The fact that you have no idea how many turkeys you have from 3-4 years ago that haven't been mounted tells me all I need to know. Wow. Guess we won't be getting that one back. Oh well, lesson learned.
[/quote]

Anybody that starts a post by qualifying it with "Honestly" usually reveals their true intent: DISHONESTY and Lies. Also, your slipping up and using the word "we"in the third line of your scurrilous post speaks volumes and is very telling. So, with that said, let me choose my words carefully:

What you (whoever "you" are) posted here is a COMPLETE AND UTTER LIE. You embody the epitomy of an INTERNET COWARD. Again, if you would like to call me and inquire about your personal work order that you initiated (you know, the one in your name that doesn't exist) , feel free to do so. You should be ashamed of yourself...a total COWARD and LIAR that twists the facts and hides behind a computer screen.

...again, I'm sorry that my little taxidermy shop is such a threat to you and the "other guy" that you mistakenly think you are helping. hammer (I'll have lots more later on what happens to a business that surrounds itself with malcontents that thrive on hate).

In the end, your fabricated post leaves me and so many others asking, "What are you getting in return for posting lies like this?"

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 03/05/13 09:16 PM

What, so you didn't send me a PM with your cell number and wanting to meet, like 6th graders after school? Are you denying that happened? Nothing in my post is anything other than the truth.

The bird is my dad's. Anyway, thanks for responding. I just wanted to show potential customers of yours what a lunatic you are. I think people can look at your last 3 posts in response to a very simple question (how are you coming on your turkeys from 3-4 years ago?) and answer that question for themselves. Thanks for helping me prove that point.

So how are those turkeys coming, anyway?

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 03/05/13 09:25 PM

bs If it is, stop playing your childish games and tell HIM to call me. Or email me. Or write me a letter. Or even send a post card to ask me to investigate and check the status of his bird. Or send a carrier pigeon. If none of that works pin a note to a donkey, point it in the direction of my shop and slap it's hind end, I'm sure it will find it's way to me.
Of if all that fails, you pick up the phone and call me and tell me his name and phone number and I WILL CALL HIM.

After re-reading your juvenile posts, let me ask: are you a middle schooler? For those of you keeping score at home, I've just been reminded by a Moderator that a "Grayson" previously launched an unwarranted and cowardly internet attack against me on this site THREE YEARS AGO. I asked him to please call me so we could talk and hopefully address his concerns. Like today, not only did he not call me, he ran around like chicken little telling anyone that would listen that he had been "threatened." In a nutshell, he was told that he wasn't that important and that someone asking another someone to talk, (you know, face to face stuff - like adults) doesn't make it a threat. (Unless perhaps when you know that your intent is bad from the start?? Conscience is a funny thing and as they say, Guilty dogs always bark the loudest.)

Further, what Turkeys are you referring to? Does your arrogant attitude allow you to routinely speak for others in regards to their business dealings?

You should be ashamed of yourself, but judging by the phone call that I just received third party explaining who you REALLY are and what you are REALLY about I won't hold my breath. It's just Creepy.

(And although I've never met you and never spoken with you in person or on the phone or ever done any work for you, thanks for finally being honest and stating what your TRUE intent was: your second FAILED Ambush attempt. The Truth will set you free)
Posted By: SweetTea

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 03/05/13 10:05 PM

Nothing is more aggravating then getting on the thf and looking at pictures and reading about hunting stories and such and seeing post designed to attack people's character because you dislike someone and try and promote the competition in the same thread. It really comes off making the other competitor look sinister. I'm sure he would rather you leave his name out of your trash talking. It makes it seem more like you're just trying to take out the competition with internet trash talking instead of letting the competitors work speak for itself. If you love the work that you've had done by pat at avian arts then by all means start a thread and post pictures and tell everybody how awesome he is. That way you can promote that business without taking the annoying scumbag approach that you took today. So please take that into consideration so that the next time I get on a birdworks thread so the thousands of us average guys can enjoy this website for what it is. Thanks and have a blessed day. cheers cheers

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 03/07/13 12:38 AM

Well said Sweet Tea, well said. I seem to remember a post a few years back where someone was talking smack. Seriously, IF you had a bird... I don't care what kind it was and left it with ANY taxi and they didn't have it ready within the time frame you were told, go over and talk to the taxi.... I had Matt do a Pintail for me... yes, it took about two months longer than he said. I called when he said it was going to be ready.... it took a week to get a reply...... I was told it would be ready in 2-3 weeks. In 3 weeks, he called and I picked it up. Would I have him do another? Sure, I know what to expect. But grow up, I figure if I dropped off a bird to have done and it wasn't, I would be getting the bird AND my deposit- which you never mentioned. Its kind of clear your rooting for another taxi.... just don't make it obvious
Originally Posted By: SweetTea
Nothing is more aggravating then getting on the thf and looking at pictures and reading about hunting stories and such and seeing post designed to attack people's character because you dislike someone and try and promote the competition in the same thread. It really comes off making the other competitor look sinister. I'm sure he would rather you leave his name out of your trash talking. It makes it seem more like you're just trying to take out the competition with internet trash talking instead of letting the competitors work speak for itself. If you love the work that you've had done by pat at avian arts then by all means start a thread and post pictures and tell everybody how awesome he is. That way you can promote that business without taking the annoying scumbag approach that you took today. So please take that into consideration so that the next time I get on a birdworks thread so the thousands of us average guys can enjoy this website for what it is. Thanks and have a blessed day. cheers cheers
Posted By: Bull Sprigs

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 03/07/13 01:18 AM

Awseome mount!!!When they start to whiffle it gets really exciting!! Knowing they are committed to the spread!! Great work Sir!!
Posted By: BlackLabNut

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 03/07/13 04:57 AM

Lmao....
Posted By: nogeese

Re: Whiffling Canada Goose - 03/10/13 07:40 PM

wow this is amazing... I used Matt for a pintail and it looks great. I am going to have the leg fixed however, because everyone who looks at it says "that is a great mount but it looks like the bird is raising its leg to take a leak" matt does good work... so do several other taxi's on here. that being said, I have taken 3 birds to Pat at Avain Arts this year because he is ANOTHER taxi that does great work AND he is about 4 miles from my house.

I will also say this about Pat... when I bring him a bird I dont feel rushed to get in and get out and I usually stay for 30 to 45 min. just chewing the fat and talking about birds and hunting. Also I will be getting my birds back from Pat in about 3 to 4 weeks which is a full 4 months ahead of the projected time.

Finally when I shoot a bird that is worthy of going on the wall in my trophy room/mancave I dont really care what the price is as long as the quality is there I think both of them are a steal at the price they are charging, my 2cents

and I will be happy to post pics of all my birds when I get them back
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum