Texas Hunting Forum

Shooting Glasses

Posted By: Clayseeker77

Shooting Glasses - 07/20/15 04:31 PM

My son shoots NSCA and 4H and he is wanting a pair of shooting glasses. He has been shooting with his oakleys. Last week he shot with some purple lens in some randolphs. What would be your recommendation for a good pair of glasses for him/
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Shooting Glasses - 07/20/15 08:46 PM

http://www.clayshooterssupply.com/about-us/

check out the link above. I was just using my regular shades and last April I stepped up to Oakleys. It made a huge difference to me in how well I see the clays. They have all kinds of glasses but may be able to just get different lenses for his Oakleys. They have a storefront in the Dallas area.
Posted By: First_Chance

Re: Shooting Glasses - 07/21/15 05:58 PM

I have a pair of the Beretta shooting glasses. They come in a purple and are very reasonable @ $40.

Beretta @ Cabela's
Posted By: TDK

Re: Shooting Glasses - 07/21/15 09:23 PM

I shoot with a pair of Oakley shooting glasses, no complaints. The biggest factors are to get a pair that are well ventilated and have a small or no bridge between the eyes. the Prizms look nice.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Shooting Glasses - 07/21/15 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Gamehunter77
My son shoots NSCA and 4H and he is wanting a pair of shooting glasses. He has been shooting with his oakleys. Last week he shot with some purple lens in some randolphs. What would be your recommendation for a good pair of glasses for him/

I have a pair of Wiley X. I haven been able to tear them up or scratch the poly lens... That says something being I have two pairs of Costas in the shop.

The polarization isn't as good as Costa but good enough and lens are extremely tough.
Posted By: Strongbad

Re: Shooting Glasses - 07/22/15 03:36 AM

I shoot with Rudy Project "Magster" glasses. One of the best shooting investments I ever made.
Posted By: Red D

Re: Shooting Glasses - 07/22/15 04:17 PM

http://gargoyleseyewear.com/get-to-know-us/gargoyles-technology/

For all purposes.

I've seen a pair of gargoyles taken a 22lr at close range. It didn't go thru.
Posted By: Cast and Blast

Re: Shooting Glasses - 07/22/15 11:34 PM

There are several brands that are good for shooting. I am partial to Oakley's and I prefer the Radar's with the G26 shooting specific lens. Pilla's and Rudy's are also great choices. I prefer a darker lens than most unless I am shooting in the trees where there are shadows and targets go from dark to light, then I want an orange lens to make the targets stand out. Lens interchangeability is a huge factor in what I would purchase.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum