Texas Hunting Forum

Leggy sausage seasoning?

Posted By: redchevy

Leggy sausage seasoning? - 05/18/23 08:11 PM

I know many of y’all use this seasoning. Recently used thei chorizo and summer sausage and liked both, looking to make some breakfast sausage and want to try theirs.

Which of their blends do you recommend? We are not wild about sage but some is ok.

Thanks
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Leggy sausage seasoning? - 05/18/23 08:42 PM

Used this for years growing up and still like it "A.C. Legg Old Plantation Smoked Sausage Seasoning" Add ground red pepper if you want it a little hotter.

Re: Leggy sausage seasoning? - 05/18/23 08:56 PM

Lol I see my typo in the heading now, legg’s is what I was going for. They have several different blends, will give that one a look,

Thanks
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Leggy sausage seasoning? - 05/18/23 09:32 PM

If you want to try another seasoning try "REO". I`ve heard lots of good reviews for it also.

https://reospice.com/

This is from LEGG`s website.

https://aclegg.com/products/leggs-signature/sausage-seasonings/
Fresh Sausage

Pork Sausage

* Our most popular pork sausage seasoning, Blend 10, is a true “Southern Style” seasoning. It has a relatively high level of sage, red pepper and black pepper. Some red pepper is crushed to be visible in the finished product.

* Blend 6 contains slightly less black pepper and no crushed red pepper.

* For those processors who want to produce sausage with an intermediate spice level Blend 29 contains less sage and pepper than blends 10 and 6.

* For a mild pork sausage seasoning that contains red pepper, sage, and black pepper try Blend 7.

If you prefer a mild pork sausage seasoning that contains no sage Blend NS4 is the right choice.

Re: Leggy sausage seasoning? - 05/19/23 01:52 AM

Thanks TPAK, ordered the NS4, going to repurpose some chili grind nilgai.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Leggy sausage seasoning? - 05/19/23 12:08 PM

I add a little more red pepper to the one tpack posted, it's really good and I agree their charizo blend is spot on.

Re: Leggy sausage seasoning? - 05/19/23 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
I add a little more red pepper to the one tpack posted, it's really good and I agree their charizo blend is spot on.

To the Legg chorizo, or the other one?

I used the Legg chorizo seasoning and it’s good, but it’s not exactly what I’m looking for. I’m still not sure if that’s because I’m making it with venison and pork fat which still isn’t anywhere near as greasy as bought chorizo or if it’s the spice blend.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Leggy sausage seasoning? - 05/19/23 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock

To the Legg chorizo, or the other one?

I used the Legg chorizo seasoning and it’s good, but it’s not exactly what I’m looking for. I’m still not sure if that’s because I’m making it with venison and pork fat which still isn’t anywhere near as greasy as bought chorizo or if it’s the spice blend.

Sorry to the breakfast sausage and not the chorizo.

Re: Leggy sausage seasoning? - 05/19/23 09:19 PM

Thanks
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Leggy sausage seasoning? - 05/22/23 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by kmon11
Used this for years growing up and still like it "A.C. Legg Old Plantation Smoked Sausage Seasoning" Add ground red pepper if you want it a little hotter.

I use this one also with good results.
Posted By: 1955

Re: Leggy sausage seasoning? - 05/22/23 01:31 AM

popcorn
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum