Texas Hunting Forum

All American Burgers

Posted By: Blank

All American Burgers - 02/01/23 01:33 AM

I know tomorrow is National Tater Tots Day, but I couldn't wait!! Burgers, on toasted buns with sharp white cheddar, fried onions for me, BLT, and Sweet Baby Ray's on the onions. YUM!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1955

Re: All American Burgers - 02/01/23 07:36 PM

Yum ! food
Posted By: GHale

Re: All American Burgers - 02/01/23 08:36 PM

Blank, I have to ask, with all of those good toppings on your burger why do you also add lettuce? We all know that iceburg lettuce has zero nutrional value so why waste that space?
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: All American Burgers - 02/01/23 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by GHale
Blank, I have to ask, with all of those good toppings on your burger why do you also add lettuce? We all know that iceburg lettuce has zero nutrional value so why waste that space?

Mouth feel.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: All American Burgers - 02/01/23 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by GHale
We all know that iceburg lettuce has zero nutrional value so why waste that space?

Same with Ramen but people still eat it.
Posted By: Blank

Re: All American Burgers - 02/01/23 11:29 PM

GH: I really like most types of lettuce, and each has a little different taste and texture, no matter if it is nutritional or not. They have a little crunch, are watery, and keep a lot of wet sauces from ruining the texture of a good bread or bun. The ones I like have certain uses that make them better than others

Iceberg - toppings on burgers and sandwiches, mixed salads with cabbage, carrots, radishes, nut, shrimp; wedge salad with big hunks of bacon and blue cheese
Butterhead - wraps
Romaine, or Hearts of Romaine - Caesar salads, lots of crunch
Arugula - fancier, gives a little aromatic kick when mixed with other ingredients and veggies like chopped peppers, onions, olive, fruit and nuts
Baby spinach - love spinach salads with bacon and balsamic dressings
Posted By: retfuz

Re: All American Burgers - 02/02/23 05:16 PM

Lettuce is good on almost all sandwiches. Who ever heard of eating a BT?
Posted By: angus1956

Re: All American Burgers - 02/02/23 06:14 PM

When their that full of goodies it's hard to take a bite because there so tall, I enjoy a challenge. up
Posted By: GHale

Re: All American Burgers - 02/02/23 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by angus1956
When their that full of goodies it's hard to take a bite because there so tall, I enjoy a challenge. up

I was personaly thinking of replacing that piece of lettuce with another piece of bacon!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum