Texas Hunting Forum

Home Cooking

Posted By: Blank

Home Cooking - 11/28/22 01:52 AM

Got to our friends home in Matagorda area. No time to help out on dinner, so she did it all on her own. It was delicious and definitely picture worthy!! While we went to fill feeders, the friends wife had steak, beans, cole slaw, and corn on the cob ready.

Haha, all the guys did was drag two feeders out of 10" deep puddles, clean and spin, load 250# of corn in each and have them ready for tomorrow. Two friends from Idaho are down to try to kill WT's. I'm not that mad at them, so would rather fish!!! 7" of rain has everything under water!!
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Home Cooking - 11/28/22 02:03 AM

Welcome to Texas yank! grin

With all the rain, lots of redfish in the marsh. Good luck!
Posted By: ElkOne

Re: Home Cooking - 11/28/22 03:10 AM

Have fun down there brother, I feel Reds, and WT in your future up up
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Home Cooking - 11/29/22 01:01 AM

Enjoy your time on the coast. I hope y'all flew instead of driving.

Re: Home Cooking - 11/29/22 03:24 AM

Motorhome, instead. We have a lot of friends to see and share friendships with. Gonna make it a multi-week trip. If nothing else, I love hearing yes sir and yes ma'am spoken here, and the friendly folks!!!
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Home Cooking - 11/29/22 03:39 AM

Y'all take care and welcome to Texas
Posted By: GHale

Re: Home Cooking - 11/29/22 12:20 PM

My relatives in Illinois always enjoyed when we took our kids up there to visit, hearing the yes sir and no ma'am comments. It is a way of life that needs to continue through the next generation.
Posted By: 1955

Re: Home Cooking - 12/01/22 01:12 AM

Welcome to Texas,enjoy and have some great luck fishing up

Re: Home Cooking - 12/01/22 03:03 AM

Over-did it tonight with baked chicken, rice, sauteed peppers, spinach salad. Mandatory to have Blue Bell for dessert!!
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Home Cooking - 12/01/22 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Blank
Motorhome, instead. We have a lot of friends to see and share friendships with. Gonna make it a multi-week trip. If nothing else, I love hearing yes sir and yes ma'am spoken here, and the friendly folks!!!

This time of year, I bet the leaves were beautiful.
Enjoy your vacation, sleeping in your own bed instead of a hotel room is a wonderful way to see the country.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum