Texas Hunting Forum

Advise on knife set

Posted By: Stompy

Advise on knife set - 08/25/22 09:34 PM

Buying as a gift for a friend. He does a lot of different styles of outdoor cooking and I'd like to buy him a set of decent knives. Not tableware steak knives but good cooking knives. Budget is about $300, any suggestions?
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Advise on knife set - 08/25/22 10:13 PM

Every knife I use in the kitchen is a Victorinox knife (AKA Forschner). They have a great line of quality knives. You can probably spend a lot more and not get as quality and value. It is the only knife brand me or any of my coworkers / butchers used when I managed a meat mkt. I probably have 20 or more of their knives.

https://www.victorinox.com/us/en/Products/Cutlery/c/CUT?ScrollPosition=0&maxResults=30
Posted By: Daniel Boone

Re: Advise on knife set - 08/26/22 08:03 PM

I will second the Victorinox. They are very high quality at a reasonable rate. I bought my daughter a set for her kitchen and I believe they were in the $250 range. After seeing lots of guides and taxidermists use their paring knives to cape with, I bought several of them and those things are amazing.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Advise on knife set - 08/26/22 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Daniel Boone
I will second the Victorinox. They are very high quality at a reasonable rate. I bought my daughter a set for her kitchen and I believe they were in the $250 range. After seeing lots of guides and taxidermists use their paring knives to cape with, I bought several of them and those things are amazing.

Ordered the BBQ set today. Thanks
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Advise on knife set - 08/26/22 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Stompy
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone

Ordered the BBQ set today. Thanks

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum