Texas Hunting Forum

Time for a "Brisket Run"

Posted By: TPACK

Time for a "Brisket Run" - 04/13/22 03:16 PM

HEB has briskets on sale for 1.87 Lb. Heading out with my ice chest to 2 different stores and going to see if I can fill it up. HEB doesn`t run very good adds where I live, so I`m going to try and put the hurt on them. LOL woot
Posted By: rickym

Re: Time for a "Brisket Run" - 04/13/22 03:21 PM

Same here, and then will stop at Kroger for a rib roast, $4.77/lb
Posted By: PMK

Re: Time for a "Brisket Run" - 04/13/22 03:22 PM

at that price, I need to make a couple of HEB runs myself.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Time for a "Brisket Run" - 04/13/22 03:23 PM

Mine also has the spare ribs on sale.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Time for a "Brisket Run" - 04/13/22 05:43 PM

Not here according to this weeks flyer. Cheapest it shows available online is ungraded packer for $4 lb. bang
Posted By: Blank

Re: Time for a "Brisket Run" - 04/13/22 08:04 PM

None of our stores sell enough brisket to run sales. Best we can do is the Prime grade whole ones from Sam's Club, and they are $4.47/lb right now.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Time for a "Brisket Run" - 04/13/22 08:06 PM

No sales here. crying

Re: Time for a "Brisket Run" - 04/13/22 10:32 PM

Me and the wife were able to get 4 @ 1.87 Lb. Lots nicer than I expected too. Probably make another pitstop before sale ends.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Time for a "Brisket Run" - 04/13/22 11:35 PM

I couldn't fit a 1/4 hamburger patty in any of my freezers they are so full.

Re: Time for a "Brisket Run" - 04/13/22 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be

Mine are getting pretty full. If it goes on sale I stock up. Better to be looking at it instead of looking for it.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Time for a "Brisket Run" - 04/14/22 12:33 AM

"Better to be looking at it instead of looking for it." That can be said for many things!
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Time for a "Brisket Run" - 04/14/22 01:32 AM

I just added another little 7 cu. ft. chest freezer for that reason. All three of mine hold food at -10F to -18F which is critical to me. When I buy I a freezer I make sure that the store understands that it must hold -10F or I will return it. Food quality/longevity is more important now than ever. The difference between +10 to +20F and -2F is monstrous in terms of fat rancidity, vitamin loss and bacterial growth. I have alarms that trigger at 0F.

Mine draw 450-550 watt hours per day each so they can easily be maintained long term with solar if needed, For a shorter term 1-3 week power outage, running a little Honda 2000 generator to charge my battery bank for an hour or two per day only uses 4- 5 gallons per week to replace that power. (With generators, "one is none and two is one.")

I am not a tin foil hat kind of guy at all. Growing up on a remote ranch, having have food, water and supplies stacked high and deep was normal. Laugh at me, but them think about the folks crying about no ammo or no toilet paper. If you are not thinking along these lines today, you are setting yourself up to become a victim and stand in line somewhere. It is simple, use one - buy two or three.

Marc
Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: Time for a "Brisket Run" - 04/14/22 02:47 AM

What grade of brisket?
Posted By: Pupjoint

Re: Time for a "Brisket Run" - 04/14/22 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Huntmaster
What grade of brisket?

I believe they are choice

Re: Time for a "Brisket Run" - 04/14/22 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pupjoint
Originally Posted by Huntmaster
What grade of brisket?

I believe they are choice

Yeah those are gonna be choice.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Time for a "Brisket Run" - 04/14/22 12:09 PM

Seems as if all the inflation threads are now down the chute.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Time for a "Brisket Run" - 04/20/22 02:36 PM

picked up a decent ~12 lb brisket at our local HEB yesterday, deckle fat trimmed nicely, on sale $3.99/lb. Whole packer was $3.49/lb ... no "great" deals down here in central TX.

Re: Time for a "Brisket Run" - 04/20/22 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by PMK
picked up a decent ~12 lb brisket at our local HEB yesterday, deckle fat trimmed nicely, on sale $3.99/lb. Whole packer was $3.49/lb ... no "great" deals down here in central TX.

That is what a Prime Brisket costs at my local HEB and at Costco.
Posted By: J Hills

Re: Time for a "Brisket Run" - 04/21/22 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Marc K

I just added another little 7 cu. ft. chest freezer for that reason. All three of mine hold food at -10F to -18F which is critical to me. When I buy I a freezer I make sure that the store understands that it must hold -10F or I will return it. Food quality/longevity is more important now than ever. The difference between +10 to +20F and -2F is monstrous in terms of fat rancidity, vitamin loss and bacterial growth. I have alarms that trigger at 0F.

Mine draw 450-550 watt hours per day each so they can easily be maintained long term with solar if needed, For a shorter term 1-3 week power outage, running a little Honda 2000 generator to charge my battery bank for an hour or two per day only uses 4- 5 gallons per week to replace that power. (With generators, "one is none and two is one.")

I am not a tin foil hat kind of guy at all. Growing up on a remote ranch, having have food, water and supplies stacked high and deep was normal. Laugh at me, but them think about the folks crying about no ammo or no toilet paper. If you are not thinking along these lines today, you are setting yourself up to become a victim and stand in line somewhere. It is simple, use one - buy two or three.

Marc

Very wise words here. Very interested in the solar set-up you are using. Is is just for the freezers or whole house?
Thanks
J
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum