Texas Hunting Forum

Triple Layer Apple Pie

Posted By: Blank

Triple Layer Apple Pie - 12/12/21 01:02 AM

I love to play in the kitchen without recipes. Theoretically, you SHOULD be able to mix sweetened condensed milk with a couple eggs, some cinnamon and nutmeg, and bake a second custard layer on top of an apple pie. If the butter, flour, and brown sugar mixes as it's supposed to, it makes a nice streusel topping. If one of you gentlemen would be so kind as to FedEx me some vanilla Blue Bell, I'd be all set tonight. roflmao

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Triple Layer Apple Pie - 12/12/21 01:12 AM

Umm ice cream is in the mail, go ahead and send a big ol' slice to Texas. Looks great!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Triple Layer Apple Pie - 12/12/21 01:19 AM

I’ve asked before and the request stands….will you adopt me…. roflmao

Wish I was able to deliver that vanilla blue bell for ya….
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Triple Layer Apple Pie - 12/12/21 01:25 AM

food
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Triple Layer Apple Pie - 12/12/21 01:49 AM

OK, that looks too good. A recipe is a requirement here.
Posted By: Blank

Re: Triple Layer Apple Pie - 12/12/21 02:17 AM

Don't really have a recipe, but I can tell you what I did. The kids and grandkids are here for the weekend, and were complaining there weren't any sweets in the kitchen. I rummaged around in the cupboards and refrigerator and came up with a can of sweetened condensed milk, a can of apple pie filling, and one of the rolled up cold pie doughs. OK, we got this - McGuyver, I've got a paper clip, please save my dog!!! smile

Made the pie crust in a 9" glass dish, and dumped in the pie filling Scooped out the majority of the gooey juice, to just leave the apples and spread them around evenly. Threw it in the oven for 15 minutes, while I mixed the other stuff. In a bowl, I melted a large stick of butter (1/2 cup) in the microwave. Then added the can of condensed milk, two eggs, some cinnamon (1 teaspoon), 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, and a 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla and mixed it up good. Poured it on top of the hot apples. Mixed up 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of flour, and another stick of softened butter. Didn't look thick enough, so I threw in a package of Maple/Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal for roughage! Mixed it all together with a fork until it looked like lots of little lumps. Put on top of the custard mix, then back in the oven for 30 minutes at 325 degrees.

Pulled it out, still a tiny bit jiggly in the center, let it cool on one of the wire racks so the crust didn't continue to cook from the hot glass. Served warm it was great, out in the 35 degree garage on the shelf now, and I bet it's even better cold.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Triple Layer Apple Pie - 12/12/21 03:06 AM

Thank you, sir. Going to have to it. It just looks too good not to.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Triple Layer Apple Pie - 12/12/21 09:25 AM

Yes please!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum