Texas Hunting Forum

Online meat

Posted By: Paluxy

Online meat - 11/08/21 12:22 AM

Looking for alternatives as our local stores are not so good lately. Has anyone tried Wild Fork? Any recommendations for good choice grade meat?
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Online meat - 11/08/21 01:29 AM

I like two shop for myself.
Posted By: Thisisbeer

Re: Online meat - 11/08/21 03:00 AM

I have tried wild fork. Great product. I beleive I ordered some waygu flank steak and maybe some ribeyes. I just remember it being quality products.
Posted By: SherpaPhil

Re: Online meat - 11/08/21 12:45 PM

I have a wild fork store just down the street and I now buy most of my meat there. It's definitely a step up from the grocery store. Ive been really happy with it.

Re: Online meat - 11/08/21 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I like to shop for myself.

Me too but when you have one package of ribeyes or one brisket to choose from it's not much different than having them pick for you

Re: Online meat - 11/08/21 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Thisisbeer
I have tried wild fork. Great product. I beleive I ordered some waygu flank steak and maybe some ribeyes. I just remember it being quality products.

Originally Posted by SherpaPhil
I have a wild fork store just down the street and I now buy most of my meat there. It's definitely a step up from the grocery store. Ive been really happy with it.

Thanks guys! Placed an order this morning. The order page said they would deliver to Glen Rose between 10am and 1pm today. I'll be impressed if they do, we'll see.

Re: Online meat - 11/08/21 03:50 PM

Wow, this place is on it!

[Linked Image]

Re: Online meat - 11/08/21 05:16 PM

Ordered at 7am this morning and it was delivered to Glen Rose at 11am. Impressed so far, it all looks good hope it tastes as good.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: Birddogger

Re: Online meat - 11/08/21 05:43 PM

That is impressive service for sure!!! Keep us posted bc if the meat is quality a company with that kind of service these days needs to be celebrated!
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Online meat - 11/08/21 06:40 PM

What’s the weight of the brisket?
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Online meat - 11/08/21 07:09 PM

Midland Meat Company, Midland, TX. Great stuff and great people.

https://midlandmeatco.com/

Re: Online meat - 11/08/21 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
What’s the weight of the brisket?

14.11#
Posted By: My Time to Hunt

Re: Online meat - 11/08/21 07:16 PM

You may check Maes Meat Market in Eastland. Steve is the butcher there since he was 14 yoa. He knows his quality of meats. I just picked up a 1/4 of a cow from him Sunday. Real easy off and on access from I-20

Re: Online meat - 11/08/21 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by My Time to Hunt
You may check Maes Meat Market in Eastland. Steve is the butcher there since he was 14 yoa. He knows his quality of meats. I just picked up a 1/4 of a cow from him Sunday. Real easy off and on access from I-20

I've had lunch there many times, great food! Best lunch deal around on a sirloin and pig tails are real tasty! I'll check out their meat counter next time I'm over there.
Posted By: Thisisbeer

Re: Online meat - 11/08/21 09:44 PM

From what I’ve seen of them the quality of meat is excellent. What sets the apart from most local butchers is they usually have cuts, grades, or specialty stuff that no one else seems to ever have.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Online meat - 11/09/21 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by My Time to Hunt

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum