Texas Hunting Forum

Buc-ee’s Hot Sauce

Posted By: skinnerback

Buc-ee’s Hot Sauce - 10/13/21 02:52 AM

I am a lover of all kinds of hot sauces & salsas, and a sucker for most new ones that I see. Returning home tonight from helicopter crash/underwater egress/water survival training again. Up at 2:30 am running on 3 hrs of sleep and headed North. 7 1/2 hrs of driving and 9 hrs of training today. Has been 4-5 yrs since have had to train and I'm more out of shape than I've ever been in my life so got wore out today LOL. I stopped at the Bucc-ee’s in Wharton cause I was tired (needed coffee) and hungry! Man their Club Melt Sandwiches are for real! Delicious.

Anyway coming out of their always squeaky clean bathroom I see a variety of hot sauces that I haven’t seen before, so had to grab a handful. Has anyone tried any of these? If so, what do you think?

[Linked Image]

Re: Buc-ee’s Hot Sauce - 10/13/21 04:08 AM

I want to do a teaspoon taste of each tonight and report back, but cannot right now because all that I can taste & smell in chlorine.

Will follow up when senses are clear.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Buc-ee’s Hot Sauce - 10/13/21 04:24 AM

Never tried any. But the peach habanero peaks my interest.

Buccees tacos are pretty good too.

Re: Buc-ee’s Hot Sauce - 10/13/21 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Never tried any. But the peach habanero peaks my interest.

Buccees tacos are pretty good too.

Their tacos are not bad at all, I've had them a few times. They were good, and big.

Brisket tacos were kinda meh to me, but I scarfed them down coming in from bird hunting in those parts.

Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Buc-ee’s Hot Sauce - 10/13/21 11:46 AM

The Club melt and the ruben club are pretty darn good, for me all of the tacos are meh.
Posted By: SRPI89

Re: Buc-ee’s Hot Sauce - 10/13/21 12:26 PM

[Linked Image]

Skinner- if you like the habanero sauces, give this a try. I had it when I was in Utah and came home and bought a 6-pack on line. Goes good on everything I’ve put it on so far… eggs, tacos, burgers, etc.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Buc-ee’s Hot Sauce - 10/13/21 12:41 PM

Thanks a bunch for posting. Wharton is near me. Plan to give it a try.
Posted By: 1955

Re: Buc-ee’s Hot Sauce - 10/13/21 01:10 PM

Have not tried, but thanks for sharing I’m going to buy some up
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Buc-ee’s Hot Sauce - 10/13/21 01:11 PM

I’ll take a look tomorrow
Posted By: Thisisbeer

Re: Buc-ee’s Hot Sauce - 10/13/21 02:12 PM

I have been told that Bucees uses Ol' Gringo's to make and package their hot sauces. No idea if it's true. But if it is I would imagine they are pretty good as Ol' Gringos has some good sauces. Love the Texsirracha.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Buc-ee’s Hot Sauce - 10/13/21 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by SRPI89
[Linked Image]

Skinner- if you like the habanero sauces, give this a try. I had it when I was in Utah and came home and bought a 6-pack on line. Goes good on everything I’ve put it on so far… eggs, tacos, burgers, etc.

Thanks for posting....I love habanero sauces. Will definitely check this one out!

Re: Buc-ee’s Hot Sauce - 10/13/21 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
The Club melt and the ruben club are pretty darn good, for me all of the tacos are meh.

I was craving a reuben actually, but none available.

Re: Buc-ee’s Hot Sauce - 10/13/21 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted by SRPI89
[Linked Image]

Thanks for posting....I love habanero sauces. Will definitely check this one out!

Me too, love anything habanero. Gonna order some of that Aardvark.

El Yucateco makes my favorite store bought habanero sauces. Keep a collection of them on the counter.
Posted By: RevolverFan

Re: Buc-ee’s Hot Sauce - 10/14/21 03:58 AM

The bbq sauce they bottle is some of my fav around
Posted By: Stub

Re: Buc-ee’s Hot Sauce - 10/15/21 10:37 AM

Skin have you tried them yet?

Re: Buc-ee’s Hot Sauce - 10/15/21 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Stub

No Sir, trying them all today though.

Re: Buc-ee’s Hot Sauce - 10/16/21 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Stub

Ok finally tried them out, sampled a tablespoon of each. My opinions below.

Peach Habanero - too sweet, not enough habanero.
Sweet & Spicy Ghost Pepper - meh.
Carolina Reaper - it's good.
Scorpion Pepper - VERY good, best of the 4. Good amount of heat and garlic. I'll be buying this one again.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum