Texas Hunting Forum

El Pastor

Posted By: BigPig

El Pastor - 08/23/21 08:07 PM

Somebody learn me about El Pastor. I’m wanting to smoke it and the toss it on the rotisserie… I think.
Posted By: 1955

Re: El Pastor - 08/23/21 08:47 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Blank

Re: El Pastor - 08/23/21 09:20 PM

Have watched this one several times on the Food Channel. Looks so great when they do it!! No help other than that.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/taco/tacos-al-pastor-8581128
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: El Pastor - 08/23/21 11:21 PM

It's one of my most favorite things to eat. Go buy a pork butt. I forgot I was supposed to send you some achiote paste. I will send you some tomorrow and a recipe for it.

Re: El Pastor - 08/23/21 11:33 PM

I’ve been wanting to build a rotisserie just for al pastor. I watched a video of one made out of a beer keg, charcoal fed. Really cool cooker.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: El Pastor - 08/24/21 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by BigPig
Somebody learn me about El Pastor. I’m wanting to smoke it and the toss it on the rotisserie… I think.

Do you have a Mexican market close?
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: El Pastor - 08/24/21 02:36 AM

Pastor from Michocana is legit and I know you can find one of those. Skinner seems to have this covered though so good on him. Damn good dude right there
Posted By: BigPig

Re: El Pastor - 08/24/21 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

Not a great one

Re: El Pastor - 08/24/21 05:42 AM

One video.

Propane tank. This is what I want, on a larger scale.

Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: El Pastor - 08/24/21 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

Not a great one

They should at least have achiote paste. Some pineapple is needed too.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: El Pastor - 08/24/21 02:05 PM

Looks great

Re: El Pastor - 08/24/21 11:57 PM

Here you go Wade. Her recipe is real close to mine. I leave out the oregano, and I like to put a whole red onion and a whole head of garlic in mine. I also use a little chipotle in adobo sauce. Also like my marinade to be a little thicker, so adjust liquid to your liking. Just be careful with that pineapple juice. It works great and has a great flavor, but if you let it marinade for too long, your meat will turn to mush. I like a min of 12 hrs, max of 24 hrs on your marinade. Slice a pork butt to 1/4" steaks (or less) and marinade. Stack tight on spit.

One more video.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum