Texas Hunting Forum

Carnitas

Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Carnitas - 06/28/21 12:05 PM

Found this at walmart yesterday and made carnitas in the pressure cooker. Bought a 3# boneless pork butt, added the seasoning, some fresh mexican oregano, and a small bottle of orange juice. Turned out fantastic!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Carnitas - 06/28/21 12:17 PM

Bet it was good.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Carnitas - 06/28/21 12:54 PM

🤠
Posted By: 1955

Re: Carnitas - 06/28/21 02:17 PM

Sounds tasty !
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Carnitas - 06/28/21 02:37 PM

Good choice on the mix.

Re: Carnitas - 06/28/21 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Good choice on the mix.

I was pleasantly surprised. it needs a touch of heat, but that's easy to add. they have carne asada too.
Posted By: Blank

Re: Carnitas - 06/28/21 02:59 PM

I love it when easy turns out tasty too!!!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Carnitas - 06/28/21 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Good choice on the mix.

I was pleasantly surprised. it needs a touch of heat, but that's easy to add. they have carne asada too.

Both of us too old, we are past the need for the pepper heat. Switched to McCormick brand on several of the mixes. It is a good brand that has the flavor.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Carnitas - 06/28/21 03:01 PM

Pure greatness. food
Posted By: stillhntr

Re: Carnitas - 06/29/21 02:00 AM

worthless
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Carnitas - 06/29/21 03:16 PM

Gonna have to try that
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Carnitas - 06/30/21 08:23 PM

Trying to get some no luck yet.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Carnitas - 07/01/21 01:04 AM

What's the difference between carnitas and pulled pork when you cook it in a slow cooker?

Re: Carnitas - 07/01/21 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Paluxy
What's the difference between carnitas and pulled pork when you cook it in a slow cooker?

Spices.

Re: Carnitas - 07/01/21 01:25 AM

Traditional carnitas are always fried, then braised....but it's a lot easier in a crock pot. I've made them plenty of times in the slow cooker, shred, then crisp up a little in a hot skillet with some oil & a little more seasoning. A lot of Mexican restaurants will give you the option of fried or not fried carnitas. Carnitas means "little meats" so they will often be different depending on the region you're in. They're all delicious none the less. up

I love killing young pigs and shoats for the slow cooker. They make EXCELLENT carnitas.

Re: Carnitas - 07/01/21 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback
Traditional carnitas are always fried, then braised....but it's a lot easier in a crock pot. I've made them plenty of times in the slow cooker, shred, then crisp up a little in a hot skillet with some oil & a little more seasoning. A lot of Mexican restaurants will give you the option of fried or not fried carnitas. Carnitas means "little meats" so they will often be different depending on the region you're in. They're all delicious none the less. up

I love killing young pigs and shoats for the slow cooker. They make EXCELLENT carnitas.

Same. Quick fry to get crispy edges.

Re: Carnitas - 07/01/21 02:42 AM

Wish I had a carnitas taco right now! grin
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Carnitas - 07/01/21 02:48 AM

I always heat up leftover pulled pork in a skillet and it reminds me of carnitas when the fat cooks in. Makes sense
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum