Texas Hunting Forum

Cool Whip

Posted By: TPACK

Cool Whip - 06/01/21 02:21 PM

My wife bought some cool whip last week for something and it reminded me of when I was a kid. We never had it growing up, but if I spent the night with my grandmother I got to have it on ice cream(she had a little money). I always thought only the "Rich People" had cool whip since we never had it and it would not have lasted very long with 5 kids if my mother did buy it. It`s funny how your mind thinks when you`re a kid. I guess I am finally rich. chicken

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ElkOne

Re: Cool Whip - 06/01/21 02:43 PM

I remember those days, and I really do miss them. up
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Cool Whip - 06/01/21 02:57 PM

Ever dip your finger in there then lick it?
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Cool Whip - 06/01/21 02:59 PM

My Granny ALWAYS saved the Cool Whip containers to use like others used Tupperware. And DON'T dare throw one away wife
Posted By: PMK

Re: Cool Whip - 06/01/21 03:05 PM

yep, it was a very rare occasion growing up to have Cool Whip, my mom made cream topping from heavy cream or half and half

Re: Cool Whip - 06/01/21 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Ever dip your finger in there then lick it?

Hell...... I thought that was the only way to eat it. LOL

Re: Cool Whip - 06/01/21 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by CitySlickerHunter
My Granny ALWAYS saved the Cool Whip containers to use like others used Tupperware. And DON'T dare throw one away wife

That was the only way we had Tupperware. Like I said..... we were poor. LOL
Posted By: Blank

Re: Cool Whip - 06/01/21 03:20 PM

Never was a fan of Cool Whip topping, and always preferred the real whipped cream for everything.

That said, if you REALLY want to get addicted to something, find this in your dairy section and spread it on vanilla cookies!!!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Cool Whip - 06/01/21 03:26 PM

My Granny and Mom ALWAYS saved the Cool Whip containers to use like others used Tupperware. And DON'T dare throw one away wife

This

Re: Cool Whip - 06/01/21 05:25 PM

Put a cherry on top.
Posted By: 1955

Re: Cool Whip - 06/01/21 05:27 PM

Empty cool whip containers was our Tupperware back in the day grin
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Cool Whip - 06/01/21 05:50 PM

Had plenty of whipped cream growing up, but that was homemade. We only bought milk when the cow was dry. Used the cream from the milk mostly to make butter but sometimes whipped cream was a great treat.

My Mom got tired of me begging for whipped cream and decided to make an extra large batch and make me eat the while thing thinking I would get sick from it and stop wanting it so bad. I ate the whole thing and ask for more.

Re: Cool Whip - 06/01/21 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by 1955
Empty cool whip containers was our Tupperware back in the day grin

Been there. I saved grocery bags for me along fish.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Cool Whip - 06/01/21 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Blank
Never was a fan of Cool Whip topping, and always preferred the real whipped cream for everything.

That said, if you REALLY want to get addicted to something, find this in your dairy section and spread it on vanilla cookies!!!!

[Linked Image]

Where did you get this? I looked at our local HEB and didn’t find it.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Cool Whip - 06/02/21 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
My Granny and Mom ALWAYS saved the Cool Whip containers to use like others used Tupperware. And DON'T dare throw one away wife

This

We still save em.
Posted By: Blank

Re: Cool Whip - 06/02/21 01:17 AM

We have it at both our Albertson's, and Kroger stores. I know it is in the Wal-Mart dairy section a lot.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Cool Whip - 06/02/21 02:42 AM

I was busy doing stuff and my baby girl asked if she could have some desert. Sure! Baby knock yourself out.

So she found a container of Cool Whip and ate the entire tub before I caught her. smile

Ah, what the hell.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Cool Whip - 06/02/21 03:06 AM

up
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Cool Whip - 06/02/21 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Originally Posted by Blank

[Linked Image]

Where did you get this? I looked at our local HEB and didn’t find it.

Walmart
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Cool Whip - 06/07/21 01:02 PM

Best salad bowls ever!
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Cool Whip - 06/07/21 07:27 PM

Freeze it and you have low cal ice cream.
Posted By: GHale

Re: Cool Whip - 06/08/21 05:43 PM

My grandmother always made real whip cream and we loved going there. Mom did also but started using the Cool Whip since we had 5 kids and she couldn't keep enough real whip cream. Never threw away the tub......that was our tupperware as well! Brings back a lot of old memories on this thread.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Cool Whip - 06/10/21 02:33 PM

Good stuff sir
Posted By: Thisisbeer

Re: Cool Whip - 06/10/21 03:15 PM

We always make homemade whipped cream. The wife likes me to add a a couple shots of kaluah or rum to it for her drinks.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum