Texas Hunting Forum

Pressure cooker Birria

Posted By: Thisisbeer

Pressure cooker Birria - 05/23/21 10:54 PM

I got my first pressure cooker recently. It’s made to be used over coals and thought it would be a cool addition to my camp cooking set up. But it’s been raining non stop so I got tired of waiting and threw it on the stove. Cant wait to see how it turns out. Chuck roast and oxtails with a chili sauce of guajillo, Arbol, and Ancho blended with some onion, garlic, and spices. Put in some black garlic as well. Wait and see. Just not sure how long to wait... [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Pressure cooker Birria - 05/23/21 11:10 PM

My man....that’s what I’m talking about. Love birria tacos, and that cooker is bad [censored].

Re: Pressure cooker Birria - 05/23/21 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by skinnerback
My man....that’s what I’m talking about. Love birria tacos, and that cooker is bad [censored].

Thanks skinner. I’m excited about it. Headed out for the frio River next weekend so I wanted to give it a test run. I think I’m going to like it.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Pressure cooker Birria - 05/23/21 11:14 PM

food

Re: Pressure cooker Birria - 05/24/21 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Thisisbeer

Thanks skinner. I’m excited about it. Headed out for the frio River next weekend so I wanted to give it a test run. I think I’m going to like it.

Where'd you find that thing at? I've never seen one.

Re: Pressure cooker Birria - 05/24/21 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Thisisbeer

Where'd you find that thing at? I've never seen one.

Saw someone using it on Instagram. It’s called an Afghan pressure cooker. If you Google you will find a ton of them. This one game from Etsy for about $100. You can spend up over $200 for a 30 quart one. I think I may grab one of those two for bigger groups.

Re: Pressure cooker Birria - 05/24/21 12:23 AM

Took about an hour. Came out tender and full of flavor. I call it a win.

[Linked Image]

Re: Pressure cooker Birria - 05/24/21 12:28 AM

Thanks for that info. I'll check them out! I want one now roflmao

The meat looks perfect! Time to fry up some tacos and start dipping. clap
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Pressure cooker Birria - 05/24/21 12:32 AM

That looks legit AF food
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Pressure cooker Birria - 05/24/21 12:57 AM

up

Re: Pressure cooker Birria - 05/24/21 12:58 AM

I wish I had some of those tacos. Instead I'm having mixed fruit & mixed nuts, topped with Cholula. Losing weight ain't easy. roflmao

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ElkOne

Re: Pressure cooker Birria - 05/24/21 02:20 AM

That cooker and the tacos are awesome, great job up
Posted By: Blank

Re: Pressure cooker Birria - 05/24/21 02:35 AM

SB: glad you're sticking with it. You'll be happy with the results.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Pressure cooker Birria - 05/24/21 07:16 AM

I wish I had some of those tacos. Instead I'm having mixed fruit & mixed nuts, topped with Cholula. Losing weight ain't easy. roflmao

[Linked Image]

That’s the first things you’ve ever made that looks like [censored] roflmao Should’ve just drank the hot sauce roflmao

Re: Pressure cooker Birria - 05/24/21 08:15 AM

Maaaaaaan don't you be hatin' LOL. It's really good, you should try it. I'm a big fan of fruit & hot sauce, on fruit I usually alternate between Cholula and Valentina. I do go through a lot of it though. Go through a big bottle of Cholula and a 4 lb jar of sliced jalapenos every two weeks. Yes, I'm an addict. crazy
Posted By: texfork

Re: Pressure cooker Birria - 05/24/21 09:20 AM

Very cool cooker and excellent tacos .
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum