Texas Hunting Forum

Super flour

Posted By: bill oxner

Super flour - 04/22/21 05:25 PM

Think you might try it?

"There's a new company -- called Rise -- that was launched by several New York University graduate students. They are addressing that leftover grain and turning it into flour, but not just any flour -- it's super flour. It is higher in protein and fiber than your typical flour, which is appealing to bakers."
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Super flour - 04/22/21 05:48 PM

$60 for 5 lbs of flour? Um...no.

Re: Super flour - 04/22/21 05:58 PM

I might give it a try but this is one time I definitely would not go first.
Posted By: 1955

Re: Super flour - 04/22/21 06:35 PM

WOW 💰
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Super flour - 04/22/21 07:08 PM

It is used beer brewing grains that have been dried and then ground into flour.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Super flour - 04/22/21 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba
$60 for 5 lbs of flour? Um...no.

Nah
Posted By: mikei

Re: Super flour - 04/22/21 11:17 PM

New York University grad students? Uh, not "NO," but Hell NO! You might catch a dose of liberalism from them, or begin to think you should not be allowed to have a gun!

Re: Super flour - 04/22/21 11:28 PM

DC be the man. He can make it much cheaper. cheers
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Super flour - 04/22/21 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher

I also read out that some of the "recycled" flour is coming from a couple of distilleries. Beer mash, could be grains plus hops,along with some yeast leftovers, probably make an interesting tasting bread. Sour mash whiskey cornbread??? I think the idea has potential, but the taste combinations may not appeal to a lot of people.

Decades ago when I was making homebrewed beer, we made a corn beer and used some of the cornmeal for a corn bread, it was not my favorite, but we did not dry the cornmeal after the brewing process. The cornbread did have a "hops" and "yeast" taste.

Re: Super flour - 04/23/21 12:21 AM

I also read out that some of the "recycled" flour is coming from a couple of distilleries. Beer mash, could be grains plus hops,along with some yeast leftovers, probably make an interesting tasting bread. Sour mash whiskey cornbread??? I think the idea has potential, but the taste combinations may not appeal to a lot of people.

Decades ago when I was making homebrewed beer, we made a corn beer and used some of the cornmeal for a corn bread, it was not my favorite, but we did not dry the cornmeal after the brewing process. The cornbread did have a "hops" and "yeast" taste.

You have to make do with what you have, if you don't have what you want. Old saying of mine.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Super flour - 04/23/21 03:43 AM

Pass.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Super flour - 04/23/21 05:57 AM

What's Blake got to say about it popcorn
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum