Texas Hunting Forum

One Skillet Burger Meal Tonight!!

Posted By: Blank

One Skillet Burger Meal Tonight!! - 04/11/21 12:09 AM

Winds are howling; 35-40 outside, and gusting to 60mph! No way of keeping the heat in the grill out back. Stuck in the kitchen, I guess. Fired up the big skillet and did it all. Had to cheat and use the oven to keep some warm, but dayum, it turned out good. Enjoy yourselves.

Fried burgers, pepper jack cheese, sliced/fried spiral-cut ham, fried onions, butter-fried cubed Idaho potatoes, and an egg!! I was out of bacon, and used just a little garden stuff. Haha, first two bites didn't even dent it!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: One Skillet Burger Meal Tonight!! - 04/11/21 12:40 AM

Looks great. Would. What buns do you use. Snake Oil and I both used the HEB regular buns. They are larger than other regular buns and smaller that the jumbo buns.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1955

Re: One Skillet Burger Meal Tonight!! - 04/11/21 12:42 AM

Looks delicious !

Re: One Skillet Burger Meal Tonight!! - 04/11/21 12:49 AM

I think these were regular Hostess buns fro the store. I really like a brioche or pretzel bun, if you can get them fresh. Big enough to hold the entire sandwich without being all bread. Our problem here is slow turn over, so a lot is brought in frozen then thawed. Gets wet and molds in 3 days if you don’t open and use!!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: One Skillet Burger Meal Tonight!! - 04/11/21 12:55 AM

I freeze both bread and buns with no problems. I generally thaw them in the frig.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: One Skillet Burger Meal Tonight!! - 04/11/21 01:18 AM

Nice
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: One Skillet Burger Meal Tonight!! - 04/11/21 02:14 AM

food
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: One Skillet Burger Meal Tonight!! - 04/11/21 02:27 AM

Looks great Blank! Another fine meal.

I'm cooking up a batch of venison picadillo/rice/beans tonight myself. My little boy requested it again, he made biscuits & gravy for us this morning. My turn now. Will be eating on this for a few days. happy3
Posted By: cm250

Re: One Skillet Burger Meal Tonight!! - 04/11/21 06:19 PM

Looks great! Could use some mushrooms!!!!!

Re: One Skillet Burger Meal Tonight!! - 04/11/21 07:00 PM

You know, it's funny. I love a good mushroom Swiss burger just by itself, but at the same time, I really don't care to put them on any other burgers and detract from the other toppings. Weird huh??
Posted By: goosebuster

Re: One Skillet Burger Meal Tonight!! - 04/12/21 02:29 PM

I don't grill burgers anymore, cast iron skillet on the stove. I love that crust it gives you.
Posted By: Stub

Re: One Skillet Burger Meal Tonight!! - 04/12/21 08:19 PM

up
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: One Skillet Burger Meal Tonight!! - 04/17/21 01:58 AM

Two please.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum