Texas Hunting Forum

Baked Tater thread

Posted By: stillhntr

Baked Tater thread - 03/30/21 12:31 AM

One of the simple pleasures, Butter , cheese, Bacon. Lets start a official baked tater thread. Post up !

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Baked Tater thread - 03/30/21 12:44 AM

Beautiful. cheers
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Baked Tater thread - 03/30/21 01:25 AM

Man didn't take any pictures, but a big ol' baked tater stuffed with crawfish etouffe, cheese, chives, & bacon, is a hellova meal!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Baked Tater thread - 03/30/21 02:24 AM

food
Posted By: ElkOne

Re: Baked Tater thread - 03/30/21 02:32 AM

flag
Posted By: Blank

Re: Baked Tater thread - 03/30/21 02:35 AM

A proper stuffed Idaho baker is a thing of beauty!

Re: Baked Tater thread - 03/30/21 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Blank
A proper stuffed Idaho baker is a thing of beauty!

You are correct. Once upon a time trying to get out of the O&G Field, I took a job doing residential & commercial telecoms installations (phone/internet/cable). Did another big solo install in another new house, I threw in a free outlet because they were a young couple with a kid and were good people.

Anyway, while I'm packing up ol' boy says "Hey, I just started my own BBQ business. Right now I'm working out of a trailer parked in the parking lot of the old mall down off Staples in Corpus. Next time you are around, I owe you a meal". LOL, No Sir you don't owe me anything.

Little time passed.... I'm not a something for nothing, but was in the neighborhood and HUNGRY! I stopped there to grab a bite. Ol' boy recognized me, and hooked me up with the biggest Idaho potato I've ever seen. Baked, stuffed with chopped brisket/onions/cheese/jalapenos/sour cream. It was huge, took me two days to eat that thing. Mine was free, but his price was $5 for that big azz stuffed potato back then.

I went back to the Oil & Gas field, but stopped back by there again the next time I was there. He was gone, but the memory of that giant stuffed Idaho potato remains to this day......I have have not had one better.
Posted By: Blank

Re: Baked Tater thread - 03/30/21 03:58 AM

My standing gift to ranchers who let me hunt is a 50# box of potatoes every year. It's cheap, at about $10-15, but means a lot to them. They run a thousand head of cows, but don't get a lot of extra out of the ground. I hunt a 100K acre spread in WY every year for a box of spuds, can't go wrong being nice!! smile

One year, I drew extra doe tags in WY. I had an outfitter that wanted me to shoot a doe in his front yard, that had been chasing his wife. Thank you!

Re: Baked Tater thread - 03/30/21 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Blank
My standing gift to ranchers who let me hunt is a 50# box of potatoes every year. It's cheap, at about $10-15, but means a lot to them. They run a thousand head of cows, but don't get a lot of extra out of the ground. I hunt a 100K acre spread in WY every year for a box of spuds, can't go wrong being nice!! smile

One year, I drew extra doe tags in WY. I had an outfitter that wanted me to shoot a doe in his front yard, that had been chasing his wife. Thank you!

clap Well, looks like you're doing something right Sir. Heck yeh.

Re: Baked Tater thread - 03/30/21 04:25 AM

I have not yet been to the state of Wyoming, but have been admiring pictures all of my life. Same for Colorado.

If I'm gonna hunt these places, reckon I better hurry up........
Posted By: easton1025

Re: Baked Tater thread - 03/30/21 08:12 PM

rub with olive oil and coat with coarse sea salt or lawrys seasoning..bake in the oven at 375 till done....I put a little foil on the rack below so it doesnt drip on the bottom of oven.. Best skin skin you will ever have...
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Baked Tater thread - 03/31/21 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by easton1025
rub with olive oil and coat with coarse sea salt or lawrys seasoning..bake in the oven at 375 till done....I put a little foil on the rack below so it doesnt drip on the bottom of oven.. Best skin skin you will ever have...

Zactly!
Posted By: stillhntr

Re: Baked Tater thread - 03/31/21 01:15 AM

Blank I Would trade taters for elk hunts anyday, heck of a deal! Yep always rub with evoo and salt , been known to make potato skins after eating most of the inside
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Baked Tater thread - 03/31/21 01:44 AM

Looks great
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Baked Tater thread - 03/31/21 02:53 AM

food
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum