Texas Hunting Forum

Chunk Chicken Italiano in a Nest w/ Smashed Sweet Potatoes

Posted By: Blank

Chunk Chicken Italiano in a Nest w/ Smashed Sweet Potatoes - 03/03/21 01:54 AM

Didn't have enough capers left to do a lemon Picata, or any pancetta for Carbonara (and Herbie's Carbona the other day was on point!). Have to build my very own, and call it Italiano. Dredged and fried the strips of chicken breast, then chunked once the sauce was ready. Took the drippings, added butter and fresh minced garlic for a peanut butter colored roux, deglazed the pan with chicken stock and white wine. Added the capers I did have, mushrooms, bacon, and sun-dried tomatoes. Some smashed white sweet potatoes w/ butter and cream.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Blank

Re: Chunk Chicken Italiano in a Nest w/ Smashed Sweet Potatoes - 03/03/21 01:59 AM

Needed some sort of a vegetable, since potatoes is just starch, so added some honey-glazed cinnamon raisin baked pears again (both black and golden raisins). Artisan bread to push stuff around, and a nice Pinot Grigio to wash it down!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Chunk Chicken Italiano in a Nest w/ Smashed Sweet Potatoes - 03/03/21 02:08 AM

Looks delicious.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Chunk Chicken Italiano in a Nest w/ Smashed Sweet Potatoes - 03/03/21 02:10 AM

Love sweet potatoes ET all..
Posted By: stillhntr

Re: Chunk Chicken Italiano in a Nest w/ Smashed Sweet Potatoes - 03/03/21 02:16 AM

I just ate and that is makin me hungry again. The pears look delicious !
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Chunk Chicken Italiano in a Nest w/ Smashed Sweet Potatoes - 03/03/21 02:21 AM

Sweet
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum