Texas Hunting Forum

Baby Back Ribs

Posted By: Blank

Baby Back Ribs - 02/22/21 12:55 AM

Big baby backs, back to back, and double-bacon baked beans. Damn, that's a lot of B's!! smile Throw on some Idaho fries, with a lot of Magic Dust, and dinner is served.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Baby Back Ribs - 02/22/21 12:57 AM

It has been too long. One of my favorites. Love baked beans.
Posted By: mbavo

Re: Baby Back Ribs - 02/22/21 12:57 AM

Yes please!
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Baby Back Ribs - 02/22/21 01:09 AM

Looks great
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Baby Back Ribs - 02/22/21 01:13 AM

food
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Baby Back Ribs - 02/23/21 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
It has been too long. One of my favorites. Love baked beans.

Yes sir it has been.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Baby Back Ribs - 02/23/21 01:26 PM

Dang that looks good sir! Fries need about 5 more minutes lol I like mine super crunchy.
Posted By: 1955

Re: Baby Back Ribs - 02/23/21 02:18 PM

What’s in the magic dust !

Re: Baby Back Ribs - 02/23/21 03:55 PM

The Magic Dust is just another of the many Creole/Cajun seasonings available, from Louisiana. Really good on stuff so far. Here's a picture of the ingredients, but it does have MSG, if that's a problem for you. The other container is just Season-All.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As a comparison, here's another picture comparing the MD (left), Tony Chacere's (middle), and my own blend on the right. The MD adds sugar to their's, so it is sweet forward, and uses more red pepper and paprika to get a red coloring. The Tony's is much saltier, and doesn't have quite the heat as MD (the container I have does not list ingredients, but you can taste the white pepper, and very salty). My blend is simply Morton's Season-All, garlic powder, a little onion powder, and double the amount of course-ground black pepper (and no MSG).

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jpks1112

Re: Baby Back Ribs - 02/24/21 04:34 AM

Looks amazing!
Posted By: Stub

Re: Baby Back Ribs - 02/24/21 02:49 PM

Looking good up
Posted By: machinist

Re: Baby Back Ribs - 02/26/21 03:35 PM

Those beans made me fart just looking at them!
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: Baby Back Ribs - 02/26/21 03:49 PM

All of it, all day long.

Reading Blank's posts about his beloved Magic Dust got me to look at their website. They make what they call Health Dust, which is the Magic Dust without Sugar and MSG. I am going to order some, to see if it is better than my beloved Tony Chachere's.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

Re: Baby Back Ribs - 02/26/21 04:03 PM

Good catch, I hadn't looked on-line and seen that. Will have to give it a try also. Thanks
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum