Texas Hunting Forum

Tasty Fish Tacos

Posted By: Blank

Tasty Fish Tacos - 01/22/21 03:23 AM

Went out elk hunting on the winter range by myself today, and slayed the elusive wapiti, before the next storm. Now the wife is happy, and the grandkids won't starve this winter!! Huge old cow, and took me most of the day to gut, cut, drag, and load her so was late when I got home. Better half made me a couple Capt. Morgan toddies, had the Advil out, and put the fish fillets in the air fryer. Out of pico, so made do with tartar. Will have to beat that woman for letting the pantry get low!!! smile

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Tasty Fish Tacos - 01/22/21 03:51 AM

I just can't do fish tacos. I love fish and tacos, but can't put them together. That's just me.

Congratulations on the elk!! I am jealous of that and wish I could bring one home.
Posted By: fmrmbmlm

Re: Tasty Fish Tacos - 01/22/21 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback
I just can't do fish tacos. I love fish and tacos, but can't put them together. That's just me.

Congratulations on the elk!! I am jealous of that and wish I could bring one home.

That seems really odd considering all the different foods you eat and cook.

Re: Tasty Fish Tacos - 01/22/21 04:07 AM

I actually prefer Baja-style shrimp tacos, with good hot spice and some of their butter garlic lemon. But I never turn down dinner!!
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Tasty Fish Tacos - 01/22/21 04:18 AM

Fish has to be mahi and browned well if we doing tacos. Those do not look bad though Sir.

Re: Tasty Fish Tacos - 01/22/21 04:37 AM

I was pleasantly surprised. This toy is what we got from the kids for Xmas. The fish was a couple pretty thick cod filets, and was crunchy on the outside, and very moist in the center. I have an entire mahi filet in the freezer, just waiting for an excuse to grill the whole thing!!!
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Tasty Fish Tacos - 01/22/21 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by fmrmbmlm
Originally Posted by skinnerback

That seems really odd considering all the different foods you eat and cook.

I suppose. hammer
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Tasty Fish Tacos - 01/22/21 05:17 AM

That looks fresh and tasty! food
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Tasty Fish Tacos - 01/22/21 12:28 PM

In a July minute. chef
Posted By: Stub

Re: Tasty Fish Tacos - 01/23/21 12:24 PM

Looks tasty up
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Tasty Fish Tacos - 01/24/21 12:41 AM