Texas Hunting Forum

Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños

Posted By: KRoyal

Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/16/21 12:26 AM

Boy was it good. Blank inspired me to buy a corer for my jalapeños instead of cutting them in half. So much better. Rookie mistake I didn’t put toothpick through them before I started cooking them. Next time I’m just going to precook the bacon and stuff everything in the jalapeño instead of wrapping will make everything much easier.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: stillhntr

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/16/21 12:55 AM

Dang, I just ate but would hit that , taters look delicious food
Posted By: Blank

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/16/21 12:58 AM

Beautiful, and looks delicious!! Aren't the popper corer's great; removes 90% of the seeds, and a quick rinse and they're ready to go!!! If you freeze the bacon pieces before hand, they're stiff as a board, and slide right into the peppers!

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/16/21 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by stillhntr
Dang, I just ate but would hit that , taters look delicious food

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Blank
Beautiful, and looks delicious!! Aren't the popper corer's great; removes 90% of the seeds, and a quick rinse and they're ready to go!!! If you freeze the bacon pieces before hand, they're stiff as a board, and slide right into the peppers!

Thanks for the tips. I’m guessing you freeze the bacon after it is cooked right? I was thinking about just chopping it up to almost bacon bit size like I did the shrimp and mixing it in with the cream cheese.

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/16/21 01:18 AM

Yeah, I usually cook up pounds of bacon ahead of time, then freeze and use for everything over a period of time. Doesn't smell up the house (every day) that way, do about 15 seconds in the microwave for breakfast, or BLT's anytime you want. It chops up finer into bits that way too. I'm lazy.

I like to use a 1 qt. Zip-Lock bag for a piping bag, to fill poppers all the way full.. Mix it all up, put in the bag, then trim a little corner and squirt the popper full. If I stuff a piece of bacon or pepper jack in, it pushes it all the way to the bottom too. Then every bite of the popper has bacon in it, all the way to the end.
Posted By: mbavo

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/16/21 01:19 AM

Looks amazing!
Bet that was great!

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/16/21 01:23 AM

Also, if you like crunch, sometimes I'll dip the top end of the popper cheese into Panko to crisp up and seal. Sorta like those old ice cream cones, with the nuts on top!!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/16/21 01:56 AM

Excellent!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/16/21 02:23 AM

There you go again. Frame it. chef
Posted By: erathar

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/16/21 03:17 AM

That is a solid looking meal.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/16/21 03:22 AM

You done good Kylie food
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/16/21 01:12 PM

Home run food
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/16/21 07:12 PM

Looks great! My phone didn’t ring though. grin

I had a case of beer and a frozen pizza.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/16/21 08:56 PM

Wow that’s great
Posted By: Stub

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/18/21 02:52 PM

Dayum straight I'd be all over dat food
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/18/21 03:51 PM

I have one of those jalapeno vessels and never have used it. Do you find it easier using that opposed to the traditional way of making poppers?

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/18/21 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
I have one of those jalapeno vessels and never have used it. Do you find it easier using that opposed to the traditional way of making poppers?

I found it way easier to use the corer and stand vs the other way. I always seem to stuff too much in them the old way and it all runs out on the grill. This way you have a finite amount of space to stuff barely any loss of filling.
Posted By: goosebuster

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/18/21 04:04 PM

Little trick I learned once...you don't need a jalapeno corer. If you take and cut off the top with the stem, grab your potato peeler and stick it in the pepper. Once it is inside, just rotate a few times and pull it back out. All the rib and seeds will fall out, and bingo...clean as a whistle.

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/18/21 04:34 PM

That's the same as the corer, and for $7 I didn't mind getting them for the house and RV. The racks are super easy, and we do poppers now about every two weeks all year long. I really like it for in the gas grill

Here's a great deal for them.
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/bass-pro-shops-jalepeno-rack-with-corer
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/18/21 04:46 PM

That's the same as the corer, and for $7 I didn't mind getting them for the house and RV. The racks are super easy, and we do poppers now about every two weeks all year long. I really like it for in the gas grill

Mine is in the shape of an armadillo, very Texan.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/18/21 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock

Mine is in the shape of an armadillo, very Texan.

I have one in the shape of Texas.

X2 on the potato peeler, works great. Stuff them babies with a jumbo shrimp & cheese, and lump crab/cheese/cream cheese & onion and...........now I want some. grin
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Parmesan crusted pork chops, roasted potatoes, and shrimp and cream cheese stuff jalapeños - 01/18/21 06:14 PM

Looks awesome food
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum