Texas Hunting Forum

Rock n' Roll Classic Pork Loin

Posted By: Blank

Rock n' Roll Classic Pork Loin - 01/11/21 12:20 AM

Thank you to Simon and Garfunkel for parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme!!

I spent the last 4 hours down in the reloading room, and the wife came down and said "What are we planning for dinner??" NOTHING didn't sound like an acceptable (or smart) answer, so I whipped out "Apple Stuffed Pork Loin". Now I just had to build it.

Drank the wine, got out the "stuff", filleted the pork loin, cooked the stuffing, de-glazed the pan with her wine that she likes, and rolled it all up. Plugged in my new thermometer. I think we have a winner!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Rock n' Roll Classic Pork Loin - 01/11/21 12:24 AM

clap
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Rock n' Roll Classic Pork Loin - 01/11/21 12:31 AM

Pure greatness. Looks like a lot of work. Love those Jimmy Dean crumbles. Real sausage and bacon. I make my breakfast taco with them every morning.

Re: Rock n' Roll Classic Pork Loin - 01/11/21 12:39 AM

Not too much. The hardest part is getting the roast laid out, and if you cut it too thick, just beat the heck out of it and get it bigger and flatter (then it's more tender anyway!). The rest basically gets dumped in the pan and sweated, toasted, and de-glazed. The hard part is sitting here drinking wine, and smelling it cook.....
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Rock n' Roll Classic Pork Loin - 01/11/21 12:51 AM

Wine is good. cheers
Posted By: ErikL

Re: Rock n' Roll Classic Pork Loin - 01/11/21 01:12 AM

looking forward to seeing finished product
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Rock n' Roll Classic Pork Loin - 01/11/21 01:36 AM

That’s legit right there. I am a HUGE fan of the pork loin. Well done sir. flehan

Re: Rock n' Roll Classic Pork Loin - 01/11/21 01:58 AM

I am extremely happy, very full, and out of trouble. Cheated with the store bought Cole slaw (they do it better than I can), but the broccoli in cheese sauce was awesome too! Wow, it came out great for a throw-together, and the girls absolutely loved it. I'm not sure if the seconds on wine had anything to do with the seconds on food, but its nice when they appreciate it!! Now back to the basement and my stereo. 60's oldies!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Rock n' Roll Classic Pork Loin - 01/11/21 02:26 AM

HOME RUN!!
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Rock n' Roll Classic Pork Loin - 01/11/21 02:38 AM

With your kitchen skills, how are you ever in trouble? Lol. Dang that’s a winner right there
Posted By: ErikL

Re: Rock n' Roll Classic Pork Loin - 01/11/21 02:46 AM

Awesome

Re: Rock n' Roll Classic Pork Loin - 01/11/21 02:51 AM

The wife and her mother are cut from the same piece of cloth, and challenging sometimes. Only eat cows, pigs, and chickens - allergic to onions, and don't like spicy! You're killing' me Smalls. smile

I feel a fish and shrimp run coming' soon, and they will be having scrambled eggs for dinner!! Bwahahaha....

Re: Rock n' Roll Classic Pork Loin - 01/11/21 03:01 AM

Pure greatness. Looks like a lot of work. Love those Jimmy Dean crumbles. Real sausage and bacon. I make my breakfast taco with them every morning.

I love them for the ease of use, and the quality and taste is outstanding. Throw in eggs and cheese, with peppers and you're cruising for a good morning!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Rock n' Roll Classic Pork Loin - 01/11/21 03:31 PM

That's a hit!!
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Rock n' Roll Classic Pork Loin - 01/11/21 05:47 PM

is that homemade slaw?

Re: Rock n' Roll Classic Pork Loin - 01/11/21 07:22 PM

Naw, that was my confession. Store bought from Albertsons. They have a really good one, that everybody likes. I just can't get my dressing to taste like I think it should, even tho I keep trying to perfect it!
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Rock n' Roll Classic Pork Loin - 01/12/21 07:49 PM

Yuup, I would eat that! rock_on
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum