Texas Hunting Forum

Lemon Chicken Pasta Night

Posted By: Blank

Lemon Chicken Pasta Night - 12/17/20 01:32 AM

So I'm rumbling thru the kitchen cabinets, looking for something for dinner. Found this funky designer pasta the wife got somewhere. Think to myself "Self, what about all those Meyer lemons we got on our trip to Texas last month???" Yeah baby!

Ended up juicing a couple, and making a chopped boneless chicken breast in lemon juice/ butter/ cream sauce. Totally different flavor than my usual Scallopini. Served over the lemon flavored linguine, and some fresh toasted bread. Plenty of black pepper and Parmesan cheese. It was potent and tart, but really good!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Lemon Chicken Pasta Night - 12/17/20 02:05 AM

Looks great

Re: Lemon Chicken Pasta Night - 12/17/20 02:06 AM

What’s the recipe for the sauce ?
Posted By: Blank

Re: Lemon Chicken Pasta Night - 12/17/20 02:49 AM

This works well for us, for any kind of pasta. I really like it with seafood like shrimp or scallops. The wife only eats cows, pigs, and chickens so I do a lot of boneless chicken breasts..

Zest and juice of one lemon (about 2 tbsp lemon juice). Meyer lemons are not quite as tart forward, as Eureka lemons
3 tablespoons butter
2-4 cloves garlic minced, or garlic powder if you're out of fresh
1/2 cup dry white wine (my wife really likes Moscato so our sauce is always a little sweeter)
1 cup heavy/whipping cream (can substitute Half and Half if desired). The heavier creams seem to resist curdling better.
2 dashes of Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Chopped parsley (optional)

Add the butter, lemon zest and lemon juice, minced garlic, white wine, cream, and Italian seasoning to a skillet over medium-high heat. Let the sauce bubble for 5 minutes. 
Gradually add the flour to sauce, stirring/whisking constantly to ensure sauce is smooth.
Stir in the parmesan cheese. 
Continue to simmer the sauce on low to medium heat for an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently. The sauce should be noticeably thickened by now. If not, continue simmering it for a few more minutes. 
Posted By: still_c

Re: Lemon Chicken Pasta Night - 12/17/20 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Blank
This works well for us, for any kind of pasta. I really like it with seafood like shrimp or scallops. The wife only eats cows, pigs, and chickens so I do a lot of boneless chicken breasts..

Zest and juice of one lemon (about 2 tbsp lemon juice). Meyer lemons are not quite as tart forward, as Eureka lemons
3 tablespoons butter
2-4 cloves garlic minced, or garlic powder if you're out of fresh
1/2 cup dry white wine (my wife really likes Moscato so our sauce is always a little sweeter)
1 cup heavy/whipping cream (can substitute Half and Half if desired). The heavier creams seem to resist curdling better.
2 dashes of Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Chopped parsley (optional)

Add the butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice, minced garlic, white wine, cream, and Italian seasoning to a skillet over medium-high heat. Let the sauce bubble for 5 minutes. 
Gradually add the flour to sauce, stirring/whisking constantly to ensure sauce is smooth.
Stir in the parmesan cheese. 
Continue to simmer the sauce on low to medium heat for an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently. The sauce should be noticeably thickened by now. If not, continue simmering it for a few more minutes. 

Great recipe! It's late at night and I'm in search of a perfect idea for tomorrow's diner. Thank you, now I finally can go to bed!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Lemon Chicken Pasta Night - 12/17/20 12:44 PM

Looks great. May try that same recipe on some peeled shrimp that I have in my freezer,

Re: Lemon Chicken Pasta Night - 12/17/20 11:09 PM

Thanks sir
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum