Texas Hunting Forum

Pecan-crusted Honey Dijon Pork Pinwheels

Posted By: Blank

Pecan-crusted Honey Dijon Pork Pinwheels - 12/16/20 02:30 AM

Feeling playful in the kitchen tonight for the girls dinner. Couple of nice pork tenderloins, sliced lengthways, and flattened. Slice of bacon on each one and rolled up with toothpicks to hold them together. Made a honey/dijon mustard/garlic/balsamic/worchestershire/hot sauce glaze to baste with, while cooking them, and to top off with later. Added the honeyed pecans to them after cooking. Baked beans and corn - some fresh lettuce and tomato salad with a pear/gorgonzola dressing. Thought about parmesan garlic bread, but that would have been showing off!! Oh wow!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Pecan-crusted Honey Dijon Pork Pinwheels - 12/16/20 03:37 AM

I'll take that plate of meat Sir, if you don't mind.

Looks great!
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Pecan-crusted Honey Dijon Pork Pinwheels - 12/16/20 03:59 AM

Dammit man, that sounds great.

Re: Pecan-crusted Honey Dijon Pork Pinwheels - 12/16/20 04:08 AM

I loaded my rolls up with Magic Dust, to make SnakeWrangler proud, and seasoned the girls with regular season salt blend that I make. The mesquite honey was a fruit of my trip to Texas last month. We hammered the food, spice, and local delicacies aisles on our trip to the store there in Bay City!! smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Pecan-crusted Honey Dijon Pork Pinwheels - 12/16/20 04:46 AM

That is legit. Dressing to salad ratio is on point food
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Pecan-crusted Honey Dijon Pork Pinwheels - 12/16/20 12:12 PM

Would. Looks great. Pecans are free for me.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Pecan-crusted Honey Dijon Pork Pinwheels - 12/16/20 05:21 PM

dang, I don't guess you took any pictures of how you made the pork roll ups during the process?? That sounds and looks amazing!

Re: Pecan-crusted Honey Dijon Pork Pinwheels - 12/16/20 06:06 PM

Sorry man, I didn't even think about assembly pics. When I get pork tenderloins, they put two in a package. I trim off the pointed ends (cook them separate to nibble on) to square up the meat a little better, to slice length-wise. Depending on the thickness you can get 3 or 4 slices out of each one. Use regular cut bacon, the thick-cut doesn't roll up as well in any of these dishes. Then I just stick two toothpicks thru them at 90 degrees and ready to grill, or broil in your oven.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Pecan-crusted Honey Dijon Pork Pinwheels - 12/16/20 06:55 PM

Those look amazing! We are definitely going to try that!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Pecan-crusted Honey Dijon Pork Pinwheels - 12/16/20 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Blank
I loaded my rolls up with Magic Dust, to make SnakeWrangler proud

cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum