Texas Hunting Forum

vertical sausage stuffer size

Posted By: MeanGreen85

vertical sausage stuffer size - 12/06/20 02:04 PM

Is 5lb capacity big enough for small batch processing at home? Never done links before, so I'm not in a hurry to make huge batches - need to figure out what the heck I'm doing first.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: vertical sausage stuffer size - 12/06/20 03:12 PM

5 lb. capacity is a good size to start with. I have been thinking about doing the same thing and that is probably the size I would get. I have made some before using my 1.5 hp. cabela`s meat grinder and it was a pain in the a$$. A vertical stuffer is much easier. There are lots of You Tube videos on the subject that would help you out a bunch.

Posted By: decook

Re: vertical sausage stuffer size - 12/06/20 06:33 PM

15 lb is more better. Even with a 15 pounder, it is surprising how fast I run out of product and have to reload. Eventually, you'll wind up upgrading anyway.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: vertical sausage stuffer size - 12/06/20 06:59 PM

It rubs me wrong that a metal can with a screw on it is so expensive. That said, I wouldn’t buy anything under 10lbs, you’ll be forever refilling a small one.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: vertical sausage stuffer size - 12/06/20 07:19 PM

I used to have a 3 lb like this.

[Linked Image]

It was a huge POS and I would tell you to not bother. I got a LEM 5 lb vertical this year, and wish that I would have spent the extra $40 years ago. 5 lb capacity is good for what I do. I'm only making 20 lbs at a time, so 4 refills is no biggie. Whether you go 5, 10, or 15 lb, vertical is the only way to go!

Re: vertical sausage stuffer size - 12/06/20 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba

[Linked Image]

It was a huge POS and I would tell you to not bother. I got a LEM 5 lb vertical this year, and wish that I would have spent the extra $40 years ago. 5 lb capacity is good for what I do. I'm only making 20 lbs at a time, so 4 refills is no biggie. Whether you go 5, 10, or 15 lb, vertical is the only way to go!

Sweet, I just picked up a 5lb LEM at scheels. I don’t plan on making any batches bigger than 5-10lbs for the foreseeable future, so it should be plenty! Any tips on clamping or anchoring to the counter?
Posted By: BigPig

Re: vertical sausage stuffer size - 12/07/20 12:26 PM

The title sent my mind down the gutter thinking about where 2Beez & BigFitz stuff their sausage
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: vertical sausage stuffer size - 12/07/20 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by decook
15 lb is more better. Even with a 15 pounder, it is surprising how fast I run out of product and have to reload. Eventually, you'll wind up upgrading anyway.

This. I have a 7, and 15 pounder. 7 works fine for smaller batches but the 15 is way more better.

Re: vertical sausage stuffer size - 12/07/20 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by MeanGreen85

[Linked Image]

Sweet, I just picked up a 5lb LEM at scheels. I don’t plan on making any batches bigger than 5-10lbs for the foreseeable future, so it should be plenty! Any tips on clamping or anchoring to the counter?

Just clamp mine right on the edge of the counter.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: vertical sausage stuffer size - 12/07/20 06:09 PM

I have a 5. big enough for me.

Re: vertical sausage stuffer size - 12/07/20 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by BigPig
The title sent my mind down the gutter thinking about where 2Beez & BigFitz stuff their sausage

I asked for vertical, not horizontal lol

Re: vertical sausage stuffer size - 12/07/20 08:37 PM

vertical, horizontal, diagonal, whatever works. grin
Posted By: rickym

Re: vertical sausage stuffer size - 12/08/20 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback

vertical, horizontal, diagonal, whatever works. grin

He’s thinking about it for one reason or another.

Re: vertical sausage stuffer size - 12/08/20 12:26 AM

roflmao It's those bug eared Dodge mirrors, I'm telling you!
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: vertical sausage stuffer size - 12/08/20 03:54 AM

[Linked Image]

Just clamp mine right on the edge of the counter.

Ditto. Use the clamps that come with it.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: vertical sausage stuffer size - 12/08/20 07:28 AM

roflmao It's those bug eared Dodge mirrors, I'm telling you!

Again...
[Linked Image]

Re: vertical sausage stuffer size - 12/08/20 11:45 AM

LOL!!!
Posted By: angus1956

Re: vertical sausage stuffer size - 12/08/20 01:01 PM

I have the 11 lb one from Cabela's just right.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: vertical sausage stuffer size - 12/08/20 01:02 PM

[Linked Image]

This is trash, does not seal at back and meat pushes being the ram.
DO NOT BUY THIS!!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum