Texas Hunting Forum

Frozen dinners

Posted By: bill oxner

Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 12:19 AM

I plan to get out of my kitchen for a couple of dinners this week. Thinking about a couple of frozen dinners which would be difficult and timely at home. Also,I want to stay away from beef. I'm already planning grilled steak, cheeseburgers, and leftover chili this week.

Thoughts?
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 01:37 AM

I recently tried the frozen cheese enchiladas as well as some stuff called hot pockets. I won't be buying any more of either. Proceed with caution.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 01:40 AM

My favorite frozen meals are lasagna and pizza. Maybe a chicken pot pie.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 01:44 AM

The only frozen dinner worth eating:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 01:56 AM

I still eat shicken pot pies once in a while, and I still enjoy the occasional cheap Totinos pizzas. I season them up good and cook until they are real crispy, then hit it with hot sauce and fold it in half making a pizza taco. Hmn..
Posted By: mbavo

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I plan to get out of my kitchen for a couple of dinners this week. Thinking about a couple of frozen dinners which would be difficult and timely at home. Also,I want to stay away from beef. I'm already planning grilled steak, cheeseburgers, and leftover chili this week.

Thoughts?

I have never eaten a frozen dinner.
I always heat them up.
Just joking.

Pot pies are my go to for a heat and eat meal.
Used to eat the Salisbury steak from time to time, but it’s been a while.
Posted By: Blank

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 03:59 AM

Love the Stouffers Lasagna, and if they carry the Marie Calenders Pot Pies they are great too.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 04:12 AM

Pass
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 05:19 AM

Thoughts?

This is the most confusing thing I've ever read.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

Thoughts?

I am not going to disagree with that but did not want to mention it earlier. He could look it up but I guess he decided not to.

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

Thoughts?

Chicken, pork, or seafood. What is confusing about that? confused2

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 03:51 PM

Found these. Love crawfish but hate picking them out. I'll have eat one for dinner tonight. I'll save the chicken dishes and have one while watching college football Saturday night.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 04:19 PM

Pass.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by snake oil
Pass.

super hard pass
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 06:53 PM

We have a couple of places that sell ready to eat meals, sort of like a deli. One place has a green chili chicken rice cheese type of casserole, that is great. I use the leftovers to make burritos. Beats the hell out of the frozen dinner stuff.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
We have a couple of places that sell ready to eat meals, sort of like a deli. One place has a green chili chicken rice cheese type of casserole, that is great. I use the leftovers to make burritos. Beats the hell out of the frozen dinner stuff.

We have those in Grayson County. We call them restaurants.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw

rofl

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 08:47 PM

These places do not have seating areas. Strictly carry out.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 08:55 PM

We've gotten in the habit of, before things get really busy from time to time, batching out dinners to freeze.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 09:41 PM

If you drive there you have seating!
Posted By: rickym

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 09:42 PM

Lasagna, pot pie, Red Baron pizza.

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/03/20 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by rickym

If you drive there you have seating!

The meals they sell are frozen.
Posted By: Blank

Re: Frozen dinners - 11/11/20 03:01 AM

Just for Bill tonight. Did 600 miles, and stopped late. Hard to beat a Stouffers lasagna, extra Parm, salad and quick BB hot fudge sunday before bed. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum