Texas Hunting Forum

Deer Hunting out of a Motel in AZ

Posted By: Blank

Deer Hunting out of a Motel in AZ - 10/25/20 02:26 AM

Hunting Kaibab mule deer in northern AZ. Staying in a motel in Kanab UT for a week. Feel like I’m in deer hunting jail. Wife is telling me all the things she’s having, and I’m on junk food. It’s surprising how good a frozen burrito is, after a ten mile walk. With the virus issues here, a lot of places are closed or not open early or late. Sure have a growing list of things to cook when I get home tho!!!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Deer Hunting out of a Motel in AZ - 10/25/20 02:34 AM

How are you liking that motel coffee?
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Deer Hunting out of a Motel in AZ - 10/25/20 02:56 AM

Motel. Just like the Indians used to do it.

Sarcasm
Posted By: Blank

Re: Deer Hunting out of a Motel in AZ - 10/25/20 03:33 AM

The coffee’s not bad now. They made the mistake of parking the housekeeping cart outside my door. I helped myself to an extra dozen packets. If you put two of the packets in the machine, it almost makes real juice!!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Deer Hunting out of a Motel in AZ - 10/25/20 05:37 AM

40 years ago I used to travel a few days every other month, I carried a small propane grill, and would set it up in the motel parking lot and literally have a picnic on my tailgate. When I first started, I was the only one at one motel that did that, after a few months, it got to be a regular thing amongst a few of the regulars at that motel. Within a year the motel built us a nice pit where we could charcoal steaks. A stop at the grocery store and a deli was all I needed.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Deer Hunting out of a Motel in AZ - 10/25/20 02:30 PM

Country boy can survive grin

Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Deer Hunting out of a Motel in AZ - 10/25/20 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Blank
The coffee’s not bad now. They made the mistake of parking the housekeeping cart outside my door. I helped myself to an extra dozen packets. If you put two of the packets in the machine, it almost makes real juice!!

up
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Deer Hunting out of a Motel in AZ - 10/25/20 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
Country boy can survive grin

Someone should post this on the OT forum. .
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Deer Hunting out of a Motel in AZ - 10/25/20 08:46 PM

Livin' the life! Crazy what some of us will do for a rack. grin

Eat healthy and good luck. up
Posted By: greenen

Re: Deer Hunting out of a Motel in AZ - 10/25/20 09:03 PM

Chicken in a Biskit takes me back to pond fishing with my uncle back in the day.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum