Texas Hunting Forum

Sunday's Project

Posted By: Blank

Sunday's Project - 10/07/20 05:45 PM

Got a 9# big end brisket out of the freezer. Gonna take 3 days to thaw, and then season the crap out of it. Something to look forward to, like a wonderful, and smelly, day in the kitchen!!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Sunday's Project - 10/07/20 05:53 PM

Cooking on offset or what?

Re: Sunday's Project - 10/07/20 07:37 PM

Nope unfortunately. The Traeger is up at the ranch. This will be a 6-hour oven bake at around 275.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Sunday's Project - 10/07/20 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Blank
Nope unfortunately. The Traeger is up at the ranch. This will be a 6-hour oven bake at around 275.

Can't wait.
Posted By: ErikL

Re: Sunday's Project - 10/07/20 09:35 PM

look forward to pics!!!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Sunday's Project - 10/07/20 10:55 PM

I'm stuck with leftovers until then.

Re: Sunday's Project - 10/07/20 11:20 PM

Left overs are always good too!!
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Sunday's Project - 10/08/20 12:43 AM

Brisket points make some good roasts. In my 20's I tried to escape the Oil Field and took a job as a deck hand on a tug boat. We had a little pit onboard, but conditions had to be right to use it. Wind/rain/swells splashing over the stern was not good grilling/bbq weather. The Captain said I have a brisket in the freezer and I want to eat it soon, do what you have to do hand. I said Yes Sir.

Had to be cooked in the oven, boat was rocking pretty good. Seasoned it up and stuffed this thing in the little oven that we had onboard in a foil roaster. Had to be careful with the liquid added and liquid that it was going to produce, because the last thing you want is a grease fire in the galley while you are out there doing deck hand stuff rocking around. It turned out to be a great meal, made mashed taters and corn to go with. I carried that plate up to the Captain, and he tore it up. Asked for seconds. He said "You're cooking from now on". I said, "what about all of my other duties Sir?" He said, "You're going to do those too, and cook." I said OK Sir, will do. roflmao That worked out great until our boat rolled over and almost sank in a storm (fell out of the top bunk and hit the floor at 2am - went to work in my underwear), and then again at the Houston Harbor we rolled over and made a mess. Said adios to the tugs and brisket roasts, but it was a learning experience.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Sunday's Project - 10/08/20 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Blank
Got a 9# big end brisket out of the freezer. Gonna take 3 days to thaw, and then season the crap out of it. Something to look forward to, like a wonderful, and smelly, day in the kitchen!!!

[Linked Image]

That's about the size of the one I put in the MES an hour ago. The large flat is back in the freezer for next time. Only 2 of us eating.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Sunday's Project - 10/08/20 12:52 PM

I had a big brisket that I separated the point from the flat a few weeks ago. I cured the flat for 9 days and made pastrami and made burnt ends out of the point. Both turned out great.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Sunday's Project - 10/08/20 01:02 PM

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum