Texas Hunting Forum

Brisket - The gift that just keeps giving!!

Posted By: Blank

Brisket - The gift that just keeps giving!! - 09/14/20 11:37 PM

No matter how hungry you are, even a half brisket is gonna feed you a couple times! It was wonderful yesterday, and the re-run was just as good. I wanted sandwiches and Mac, and the wife voted for actual dinner, and left over mashed sweet potatoes. Being a democracy here in the house, she did what she wanted, and told me to fend for myself!!!

A couple brisket andwiches, cole slaw, jalapeños, home made chipotle sauce. Mac & cheese, along with some BBQ chips. Out of Coke or tea, so another G&T. smile
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Brisket - The gift that just keeps giving!! - 09/14/20 11:46 PM

I bet it’s awesome!!! Does your wife stand there, hand on her hip telling you to hurry up and get your pic? Lol. Mine does.

You just gave me an idea for homemade chipotle Mac n cheese.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Brisket - The gift that just keeps giving!! - 09/14/20 11:59 PM

Only two of us so when I cook a brisket now I freeze half for later. Always just as good as fresh.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Brisket - The gift that just keeps giving!! - 09/15/20 01:35 AM

Looks great.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Brisket - The gift that just keeps giving!! - 09/15/20 01:46 PM

Looks tasty... Except the mac-n-cheese. Not a fan.

I vacuum sealed the last brisket I smoked in several different packages. When I re-heated them, I brought a pan of water up to a boil and turned off burner. Then I placed the thawed vacuum sealed brisket in the hot water and covered with lid for about 30 minutes. Take out bag / cut bag open, and it was as good as when it was first cooked. Great results for re-heating. Much better than oven or microwave.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Brisket - The gift that just keeps giving!! - 09/17/20 05:54 AM

I'd eat that.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Brisket - The gift that just keeps giving!! - 09/17/20 01:55 PM

I cooked a killer brisket 5 days ago, I froze about a third of it and we have had sandwiches two nights, Quesadillas one night and now this evening I'm gonna whip up a brisket Chili when I get home to finish it off, might even go ahead and defrost what I froze and make a good sized batch. I have another raw brisket in the freezer and a rain check from Kroger that is good until Oct 10th for $1.88/lb Brisket (limit 2) and pork shoulders for $1.29/lb (limit 2). So I need to make some room in freezer. I'm going to feed us good at Quail camp this season.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Brisket - The gift that just keeps giving!! - 09/17/20 07:44 PM

up Attaboy Kev. You speakey my lingo!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum