Texas Hunting Forum

Zucchini season

Posted By: Blank

Zucchini season - 09/13/20 09:23 PM

Getting to be that time of the year, here in Idaho. We use tons of it in several different dishes, and everyone loves the wife's zucchini bread. The food processor makes short work of them, and the vacuum packer does the rest.
Since we were busy in the kitchen we took the opportunity to clean and organize the cabinets and pantry, and I threw a brisket in the oven! smile
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Zucchini season - 09/13/20 09:30 PM

Treat yourself to some sweet and sour zucchini. Find a recipe on Google for sweet and sour pickles, mix it up and dump it in one of those bags, or bottle it. I can eat it right out of the bottle, but love a big pile on sandwiches, just drain it good before putting it o sandwiches.

Re: Zucchini season - 09/13/20 09:36 PM

That sounds great too. We usually end up with an entire shelf full in the freezer.

Re: Zucchini season - 09/13/20 09:54 PM

It's not just for grown-ups anymore. get the younger generation involved too!!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Zucchini season - 09/13/20 10:00 PM

clap
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Zucchini season - 09/13/20 10:38 PM

Hahaha. That’s awesome Blank!

Re: Zucchini season - 09/13/20 10:40 PM

I can’t wait for sausage balls season. Just like Granny always said, they get faster every year! roflmao
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Zucchini season - 09/13/20 10:53 PM

Love them.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Zucchini season - 09/14/20 11:03 PM

cheers
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: Zucchini season - 09/15/20 07:04 PM

x2
we put it in everything.
I love grilling them too!

Re: Zucchini season - 09/15/20 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by oldoak2000
x2
we put it in everything.
I love grilling them too!

That’s good stuff. I roast em in the oven too. Love me some zukes

Re: Zucchini season - 09/15/20 08:14 PM

We do them many ways - sautéed, battered and deep fried, lots of zucchini bread, and the latest has been as pizza bites (kinda like a bruschetta, in the oven). Our friend does probably a hundred pounds or more every year, and she has started to do her pizza crust with shredded zucchini, instead of dough. She just adds a little flour and egg and baked it before making her pizza on top of it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum