Texas Hunting Forum

Smoked pork chops

Posted By: Hudbone

Smoked pork chops - 08/18/20 11:33 AM

It was Gregorio's turn to provide dinner at the lease Saturday. After working in well over 100 degree heat, something nourishing was needed. Not to worry, Gregorio knows his way around food. He sliced up red potatoes and placed them on the bottom of a baking tin, poured sauerkraut from a jar, placed smoked pork chops from Granzins on top, covered it with foil and put it on the gas grill. When the potatoes were ready, the dish was served along with some pintos and garden fresh tomatoes with crushed garlic sprinkled on top. The kraut had just a lil' sweetness to it and the whole dish was darn good - every last bit of it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Smoked pork chops - 08/18/20 11:44 AM

I love pork chops food
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Smoked pork chops - 08/18/20 11:55 AM

Would. food
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Smoked pork chops - 08/18/20 01:25 PM

Those are some killer looking tomatoes!
Posted By: Stub

Re: Smoked pork chops - 08/18/20 05:06 PM

Had pork chops 3 of my last 4 meals food
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Smoked pork chops - 08/18/20 05:45 PM

food
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Smoked pork chops - 08/18/20 06:21 PM

Aw heck yeh! That’s my kinda eatin’ right there.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Smoked pork chops - 08/18/20 07:11 PM

Damn all looks good i love some kraut, but those tomatoes look off the charts!
Posted By: Blank

Re: Smoked pork chops - 08/18/20 08:16 PM

Looking good. The kraut would spoil it for the wife, so I would get it all!!! Yum..
Posted By: PMK

Re: Smoked pork chops - 08/18/20 10:01 PM

up interesting combination tossing in the kraut but sounds good to me
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Smoked pork chops - 08/19/20 02:25 AM

I love smoked pork chops
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Smoked pork chops - 08/21/20 04:53 AM

food
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Smoked pork chops - 08/21/20 03:47 PM

food
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Smoked pork chops - 08/22/20 05:48 PM

Yum!
Posted By: TLoving

Re: Smoked pork chops - 08/22/20 11:28 PM

I have some pork chops marinating in Chilpotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce for tomorrow.

This stuff makes a delicious marinade. I use a small 3 to 4 ounce can to marinate 4 or so chops at a time. I like to marinate the chops several hours to overnight before cooking on the grill.

[Linked Image]

Re: Smoked pork chops - 08/22/20 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by TLoving
I have some pork chops marinating in Chilpotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce for tomorrow.

This stuff makes a delicious marinade. I use a small 3 to 4 ounce can to marinate 4 or so chops at a time. I like to marinate the chops several hours to overnight before cooking on the grill.

[Linked Image]

THAT's right. up
Posted By: Cast

Re: Smoked pork chops - 08/23/20 12:00 AM

[Linked Image]

I’ve been known to use that stuff puréed in a blender as the base for a wet brisket rub. Paint the brisket with the purée and sprinkle it with a brown sugar and SPG mix, then smoke as usual. It makes a great glaze as it smokes.

Re: Smoked pork chops - 08/23/20 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Cast

[Linked Image]

I’ve been known to use that stuff puréed in a blender as the base for a wet brisket rub. Paint the brisket with the purée and sprinkle it with a brown sugar and SPG mix, then smoke as usual. It makes a great glaze as it smokes.

If you really want to take your marinade to the next level, do this (not for brisket, for pork/chicken/deer steaks).

In a blender drop in one pack of achiote paste, and some apple cider vinegar to cut it with. Drop in one can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, one chopped red onion, one peeled head of garlic, juice from 2-3 limes, and a teaspoon or two of black pepper and sweet smoked paprika. Puree all of that up real good, then marinate your meat in it for 24-48 hrs, then grill or smoke. It's an outstanding marinade . up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum