Texas Hunting Forum

Tuna salad

Posted By: bill oxner

Tuna salad - 08/10/20 05:18 PM

Not into a well stocked pantry in case of shortages but I always keep canned tuna in there just because I like it. Not one THFer rejected tuna on that picky eaters thread.

My recipe is pretty simple. Tuna, chopped onion, sweet relish, and mayo. I get the bigger cans of solid packed in water. Make five to six meals. You?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Tuna salad - 08/10/20 06:01 PM

I have no clue on the recipe, but my wife makes a great tuna salad. Several years ago she started using it to make "burritos" for the grandkids when we went on picnics at the parks. I have to admit I prefer the tuna salad on a tortilla better than sliced bread.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Tuna salad - 08/10/20 07:47 PM

same but with dill relish or chopped dill pickles. sometimes a squirt of mustard.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Tuna salad - 08/10/20 08:00 PM

Bill, add a couple chopped hard boiled eggs. Thank me later
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Tuna salad - 08/10/20 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by TexasKC
Bill, add a couple chopped hard boiled eggs. Thank me later

It does help it out! Wife adds chopped apple, but doesn’t add to the portion I’ll be eating.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Tuna salad - 08/10/20 08:18 PM

I like to chop a radish in my tuna salad and celery and onion and sweet pickles. Then I marinate all that in sweet pickle juice. I add a chopped boiled egg and MW. Good stuff!
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Tuna salad - 08/10/20 08:38 PM

I like dill relish, egg, mayo, celery, green onion, and a shake of salt pepper and maybe garlic powder.
Posted By: Giblett

Re: Tuna salad - 08/10/20 08:47 PM

Add a couple slices of fresh tomato a lil black pepper and hot sauce to taste
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Tuna salad - 08/10/20 11:16 PM

You inspired me Bill. I used Bumble Bee tuna packed in water and added Roma tomato`s, sweet yellow onions, bell pepper, deseeded cucumber, chopped radishes, iceberg lettuce, sweeet pickle relish and real mayonnaise. I will add seasonings before serving. It taste better if I let it sit in the refrigerator for about an hour. My mother made this all of the time when I was growing up. It still taste pretty good for a change. Thanks Bill.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Tuna salad - 08/11/20 12:32 AM

I'll use green onion, celery, homemade sweet hot dill relish and mayo or yes even Miracle Whip sometimes. Occasionally I'll put boiled egg in.

Re: Tuna salad - 08/11/20 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by TPACK
You inspired me Bill. I used Bumble Bee tuna packed in water and added Roma tomato`s, sweet yellow onions, bell pepper, deseeded cucumber, chopped radishes, iceberg lettuce, sweeet pickle relish and real mayonnaise. I will add seasonings before serving. It taste better if I let it sit in the refrigerator for about an hour. My mother made this all of the time when I was growing up. It still taste pretty good for a change. Thanks Bill.

[Linked Image]

Wow. Just wow.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Tuna salad - 08/11/20 02:43 AM

On Seeded Rye Toast. food
Posted By: Stub

Re: Tuna salad - 08/11/20 11:57 AM

Love me a good Tuna Sammich on toasted bread up
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Tuna salad - 08/11/20 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
Love me a good Tuna Sammich on toasted bread up

chicken

Re: Tuna salad - 08/11/20 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be
On Seeded Rye Toast. food

Plan to buy a loaf today. Rye is my go to on my Reuben's.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Tuna salad - 08/11/20 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by TPACK

[Linked Image]

This x 2
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Tuna salad - 08/11/20 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Not one THFer rejected tuna on that picky eaters thread.

I guess I hadn't gotten there. I hate tuna. The only way I eat tuna is seared.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Tuna salad - 08/12/20 01:17 PM

forgot boiled eggs, gotta have 1 egg per can. and dukes mayo is a great change up from mw
Posted By: janie

Re: Tuna salad - 08/12/20 01:30 PM

Bill, I've been getting tuna salad and egg salad from the Kroger deli, and mix those two together. Pretty darned good.
Posted By: VigoPark

Re: Tuna salad - 08/12/20 02:46 PM

I quit buying canned tuna after we went to Port Angeles, Washington last year. Lisa's Dad broke out a pint of his home canned tuna. Once you eat fresh, you never go back.
That being said, I'll share my chicken salad recipe since it's the same except for the protein.
I chop up celery, green onions, a jalepeno, a dill pickle, and a handful of pecans. Mix it all up adding Helman's mayo to the desired consistency. Lightly salt and pepper. Goes good on white bread and crackers and even by itself.

Re: Tuna salad - 08/12/20 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by janie
Bill, I've been getting tuna salad and egg salad from the Kroger deli, and mix those two together. Pretty darned good.

Thanks for the heads up.

Re: Tuna salad - 08/13/20 05:03 PM

I just had my fourth and last tuna salad lunch. I don't remember the cost of that large can of tuna. Something under four dollars. About the same as my diet cokes.
Posted By: erathar

Re: Tuna salad - 08/14/20 11:46 PM

Not into a well stocked pantry in case of shortages but I always keep canned tuna in there just because I like it. Not one THFer rejected tuna on that picky eaters thread.

My recipe is pretty simple. Tuna, chopped onion, sweet relish, and mayo. I get the bigger cans of solid packed in water. Make five to six meals. You?

[Linked Image]

Add a hard boiled egg and you've got the perfect sandwich.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Tuna salad - 08/14/20 11:52 PM

Love tuna salad. I've also eaten many a meal with just tuna fish straight out of the can with some black pepper and a jar of jalapenos.
Posted By: easton1025

Re: Tuna salad - 08/15/20 06:09 AM

make your tuna as you do, but add some diced fresh Jalapeno and cilantro..... clap

Re: Tuna salad - 08/15/20 11:59 AM

Love cilantro. It comes up every fall in my garden.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Tuna salad - 08/15/20 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by erathar

[Linked Image]

Add a hard boiled egg and you've got the perfect sandwich.

[Linked Image]
I am not a fan of hard boiled eggs in anything at all...... I`m just not. I really like the Bumble Bee Tuna with Jalapeno`s to make sandwiches. Good stuff.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum