Texas Hunting Forum

Second time around

Posted By: TPACK

Second time around - 07/02/20 04:04 PM

[Linked Image]

Smoked this brisket about a month ago and vaccume sealed what we did not eat of the flat. Thawed out vaccumed sealed package and submerged in a pot of water and heated till 200°. I cut off burner and put lid on for about an hour(poor man's sous vide). It was still great. I was afraid I was not gonna like brisket on my Rec Tec pellet grill..... I was wrong. The Cole Slaw was really good also. I have been using a method by Malcom Reed. It is simple and we love it. Check it out....The only thing I do different is add grated carrots.

Posted By: Stub

Re: Second time around - 07/02/20 04:09 PM

Second time around looks like another good one food
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Second time around - 07/02/20 04:15 PM

that slaw looks good!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Second time around - 07/02/20 04:17 PM

Nailed it on the coleslaw. Like mine on the sweet side.
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Second time around - 07/02/20 04:35 PM

Good recipe! I like a little sweet yellow onion in mine.

Re: Second time around - 07/02/20 04:57 PM

I tried something new for the baked beans. I always make a big pot and have lots left over (sometimes). Here is my quick and easy(lazy man`s) baked beans for 2. Designed for no left overs.
I put in microwave for 2 minutes and let it set for about 30 minutes. Then I nuked it again before eating. It was surprisingly good not having all fresh ingredients( Dehydrated onions and Bacon Bits)

1 can pork n beans
Dehydrated onions
Bacon Bits
Ketchup
Molasses
Worcestershire sauce
Brown Sugar
Garlic powder
Black pepper
Bacon grease( about a table spoon)
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Second time around - 07/02/20 04:58 PM

food
Posted By: PMK

Re: Second time around - 07/02/20 07:02 PM

your baked bean recipe is similar to my wife's but she also adds in a good squirt of yellow mustard
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Second time around - 07/02/20 07:29 PM

Ive had some of the flat the second time around I thought was better than the first. If I had to guess warming it in the vacuum sealed bag allows additional fat to render and soak back into the meat. I look forward to second times around.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Second time around - 07/02/20 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
If I had to guess warming it in the vacuum sealed bag allows additional fat to render and soak back into the meat. I look forward to second times around.

That's exactly what it does, I do the same.
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Second time around - 07/02/20 10:43 PM

food

Re: Second time around - 07/02/20 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by PMK
your baked bean recipe is similar to my wife's but she also adds in a good squirt of yellow mustard

You wife`s is exactly like mine. I forgot the mustard. My bad. I am glad you brought it to my attention. This is a corrected version. Thanks PMK. You Da Man!!

1 can pork n beans
Dehydrated onions
Bacon Bits
Ketchup
Molasses
Worcestershire sauce
Mustard
Brown Sugar
Garlic powder
Black pepper
Bacon grease( about a table spoon)
Posted By: PMK