Texas Hunting Forum

Breakfast in Montana

Posted By: Blank

Breakfast in Montana - 06/30/20 03:27 PM

Yep, it's quiche for breakfast again. Had to try it out in the little oven in the new motorhome. Hadn't ever tried to bake anything in it yet. Kinda of a cold crappy day outside, so perfect for sitting around drinking coffee, reading a book, and baking. Went with ham, bacon, smoked sharp cheddar, diced green chiles, mushrooms, and asparagus this time. We also tried the Driftwaters Bar and Grill for happy hour and a dinner. I think I have met my new favorite Bloody Mary (the shrimp, salami, goat cheese, lemon, pickle, olive, peppers, and pickled asparagus PLUS bacon strips!!).
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Breakfast in Montana - 06/30/20 03:42 PM

food
Posted By: Stub

Re: Breakfast in Montana - 06/30/20 03:42 PM

Scenery is outstanding, Quiche looks good and what a crazy Bloody Mary cheers
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Breakfast in Montana - 06/30/20 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
Scenery is outstanding, Quiche looks good and what a crazy Bloody Mary cheers

X2
Posted By: PMK

Re: Breakfast in Montana - 06/30/20 05:50 PM

up
Posted By: rickym

Re: Breakfast in Montana - 06/30/20 09:33 PM

Drink and it’s topping look do-able. Pass on the egg pie, scenery makes up for it though!
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Breakfast in Montana - 06/30/20 11:31 PM

Excellence. up
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Breakfast in Montana - 06/30/20 11:33 PM

Will you share your quiche recipe?
Posted By: Blank

Re: Breakfast in Montana - 07/01/20 06:22 PM

Super easy to make, which is why I do them. I just get the frozen pie crust already made, and can keep a bunch in the freezer. The custard is 4 eggs and a cup of half&half. Add 2/3 cup of grated cheese on bottom, layer in whatever you feel like eating that day, and cover with another 2/3 cup of cheese. Pour the custard over the entire thing. Cook at 350 degrees for about one hour until done. You can eat it hot or cold.

For meats I use ham for the wife, but sausage chorizo brisket all work good. I love to dress up with green chiles or jalapeños, onions, mushrooms or asparagus.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Breakfast in Montana - 07/03/20 06:21 AM

cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum