Texas Hunting Forum

Tri-tip

Posted By: greenen

Tri-tip - 06/28/20 01:02 PM

Marinated one overnight and grilled yesterday. Cooked it a little longer than I wanted but very juicy and tender.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Tri-tip - 06/28/20 01:20 PM

Looks great. Never had it.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Tri-tip - 06/28/20 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Looks great. Never had it.

Looks like sliced sirloin
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Tri-tip - 06/28/20 02:07 PM

Thats the big thing in California its not bad tho.....i piss them off by telling them we don't eat that s### in Texas we just grind it up for hamburgers roflmao
Posted By: greenen

Re: Tri-tip - 06/28/20 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by NewGulf
Thats the big thing in California its not bad tho.....i piss them off by telling them we don't eat that s### in Texas we just grind it up for hamburgers roflmao

Whatever
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Tri-tip - 06/28/20 02:37 PM

That looks great.

I used to have people ask me if I sold Tri Tip when I ran a meat market. I would always ask them if they were from California and the answer was always yes and then they would ask me how I knew where they were from. I did receive a case if Tri Tips from my warehouse once by mistake and could not sell them because no one in Texas knew how to cook them. By the way, I never had a Texan ask for any.
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Tri-tip - 06/28/20 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by TPACK
That looks great.

I used to have people ask me if I sold Tri Tip when I ran a meat market. I would always ask them if they were from California and the answer was always yes and then they would ask me how I knew where they were from. I did receive a case if Tri Tips from my warehouse once by mistake and could not sell them because no one in Texas knew how to cook them. By the way, I never had a Texan ask for any.

Very few would lol its not bad but you'll rarely find anyone in Texas saying "man I want some tri tip"
Posted By: bp3

Re: Tri-tip - 06/28/20 05:45 PM

Cook them like a thick sirloin, rare to med rare good eating.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Tri-tip - 06/28/20 06:05 PM

Love Tri-Tip! food Good job!
Posted By: LG

Re: Tri-tip - 06/28/20 07:25 PM

food
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Tri-tip - 06/28/20 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by bobcat1
Love Tri-Tip! food Good job!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Tri-tip - 06/29/20 02:59 AM

food
Posted By: Stub

Re: Tri-tip - 06/29/20 10:39 AM

Heck yes that looks great food
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Tri-tip - 06/29/20 01:02 PM

Tri-tip is an excellent cut of meat. It continually surprises me that it's not more popular in Texas.
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Tri-tip - 06/29/20 04:08 PM

I love tri-tip. You just can't overcook them. To me, one of the most flavorful cuts of beef out there.

Costco sells prime tri-tips from time to time. They are awesome.
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Tri-tip - 06/29/20 04:09 PM

Let me clarify. You CAN overcook them. You just don't want to. They get tough fast.

Med rare to light medium is as far as you want to go.
Posted By: BayouGuy

Re: Tri-tip - 06/30/20 12:23 AM

Best beef flavor on the moo cow.
Posted By: stillhntr

Re: Tri-tip - 06/30/20 01:05 AM

Might make good fajitas
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Tri-tip - 06/30/20 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by BayouGuy
Best beef flavor on the moo cow.

That’d be the cheeks!
grin
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Tri-tip - 06/30/20 12:02 PM

We eats them in these here parts.
Posted By: Coolarrow2

Re: Tri-tip - 06/30/20 02:50 PM

I worked out in California for 6years. I cooked a ton of those tri tips. I grill them just like a steak. They are awesome. I wish they were more available here!
Posted By: PMK

Re: Tri-tip - 06/30/20 05:37 PM

I worked in the antelope valley in CA for over 2 years, up in Mojave. One of the ladies out there said she was going to bring in her BBQ pit and fix us lunch. Of course being from TX, I was thinking "a pit" and she showed up with this dinky little charcoal grill on legs, bag of charcoal and some wood chips. Then she said she had marinated some tri-tip, and I started scratching my head wondering what that was. She had several that she put on to cook and I was pleasantly surprised with the finished product. Medium rare and had a wonderful flavor, about as good as any steak I have ever eaten, but was a bit tougher.
Posted By: MikeD77

Re: Tri-tip - 07/01/20 04:37 PM

While it's not bbq as people in California like to call it, it is a damn good cut of meat if cooked right. I use a reverse sear method and cook no more than medium rare. Very beefy and my go-to for steak sandwiches...homemade horseradish pico de gallo, caramalized red onions and melted provolone.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Tri-tip - 07/03/20 06:32 AM

chef
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum