Texas Hunting Forum

Chile Verde

Posted By: Stub

Chile Verde - 06/09/20 11:59 AM

I found this on a website and it looked to good not to share. One person commented if you add Potato's wait until the end or they will turn into mush and ruin the texture.

[Linked Image]

Ingredients
4 pounds pork shoulder (also called pork butt), trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1 to 2-inch cubes
Extra virgin olive oil
2 yellow onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, pushed through garlic press
1/2 bottle Posole Seasoning (add more as desired)
2 Jars Pure Green Chile
2 1/2 Cups chicken broth
4 large cubed potatoes (optional)

Directions
In a large skillet, add olive oil and cubed pork. Then coat the meat with Posole Seasoning mixing it in well. Turn heat on medium/medium-high and brown the pork on all sides. Once all browned, set meat aside.

Add in 2 chopped yellow onions to skillet with olive oil and cook until translucent. Then add in pressed garlic and cook an extra 30 seconds.

Transfer onions, garlic, and meat to a cooking pot and add 2 1/2 cups of Chicken Broth and 2 jars of Fresh Chile Co. Pure Green Chile. (Tip! You can use a bit of broth to help deglaze the fond from the pan that had the meat and onions earlier to include all those flavors in your Chile Verde!)

Bring to a boil and then simmer for 2 to 3 hours.

Can eat with tortillas, over rice or with cubed grilled potatoes. Can also add potatoes in with the meat and posole seasoning and cook them as part of the mixture OR you can add already roasted diced potatoes into the mixture in the last 15-20minutes so they don't get mushy. Another option is to add in less chicken stock and a little less posole seasoning, making it more of a thick and chunky seasoned meat mixture that can be made into burritos.

Tastes delicious with sour cream, shredded cheese, radishes, cilantro, etc.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Chile Verde - 06/09/20 02:26 PM

Let us know how it turns out. chef
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Chile Verde - 06/09/20 02:35 PM

I'd eat that too!
Posted By: PMK

Re: Chile Verde - 06/09/20 04:11 PM

up sounds great!
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Chile Verde - 06/09/20 04:34 PM

Oh yeh!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Chile Verde - 06/10/20 01:59 AM

Looks good. We make one like it, but it calls for hominy instead of potatoes.
Posted By: Pupjoint

Re: Chile Verde - 06/10/20 02:02 AM

I would!
Posted By: Old Stony

Re: Chile Verde - 06/10/20 09:22 AM

Gotta agree on the hominy....
Posted By: Stub

Re: Chile Verde - 06/10/20 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Looks good. We make one like it, but it calls for hominy instead of potatoes.

Originally Posted by Old Stony
Gotta agree on the hominy....

I like the sound of Hominy instead of potato's, White or Yellow? We use to eat Yellow Hominy quite often at my Grandmothers house.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Chile Verde - 06/10/20 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
[quote=dogcatcher]
I like the sound of Hominy instead of potato's, White or Yellow? We use to eat Yellow Hominy quite often at my Grandmothers house.

Either one works. When we make it and have a lot of company she makes adds both, She also likes to serve it with Cheez Its.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum