Texas Hunting Forum

CHICKEN AND RICE

Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

CHICKEN AND RICE - 05/27/20 07:20 PM

Got a hankerin for some good ol chicken & rice so I went and grabbed stuff at lunch. My plan is 1 can cream of mushroom soup, one can cream of chicken soup and 1 can of milk, mix with 1 cup (maybe 1 1/4 cup) rice and put in 9x13 casserole dish, lay chicken on top and season with salt & pepper (maybe a little fiesta fajita seasoning) bake at 375 for 45 minutes. I cant even tell you how long it been since we have had it. Used to be a once week meal when we were dating and first married. I bet it's been 20 years since we've had it. If I can remember I'll take some pics.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: CHICKEN AND RICE - 05/27/20 07:31 PM

Great comfort food right there.

Re: CHICKEN AND RICE - 05/27/20 08:03 PM

Should have said, I'm going to use 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 1.5 lb)
Posted By: rickym

Re: CHICKEN AND RICE - 05/27/20 09:28 PM

One of my old favorites, boneless chicken thighs for me please!
Posted By: PMK

Re: CHICKEN AND RICE - 05/28/20 12:34 PM

thanks for a new menu item ... I haven't had that in years either but sounds good to mix in the rotation since we are cooking so much more these days with remote working.

Re: CHICKEN AND RICE - 05/28/20 12:39 PM

It was great. Sorry forgot pics. I will say 1 cup of rice is plenty.
Posted By: Stub

Re: CHICKEN AND RICE - 05/28/20 01:03 PM

Been a while here too. wife adds Broccoli, bits of Water Chestnuts and melts cheddar cheese on top.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: CHICKEN AND RICE - 05/28/20 07:22 PM

Lipton Onion Soup mix, chicken wings or wing pieces, uncooked rice, and a melted stick of butter. Baked in the oven. My mouth's watering!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum