Texas Hunting Forum

White Corn Tortillas

Posted By: Stub

White Corn Tortillas - 05/24/20 03:47 PM

Man I really like the flavor of White Corn Tortillas, but mine fall apart every time. Is there a brand that will hold together with food in it when you pick it up confused2

Cooked some Johnsonville Chorizo breakfast tacos this am, it was a battle to hold it the right way while trying to take a bite.
I ultimately won the battle but it was messynuts

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 05/24/20 03:52 PM

You have to cook them. White corn tortillas is all I eat. I spray both sides with Pam cooking spray. Then put them on a flat griddle on high heat. I continue to flip until there is just a little browning on both sides. Then take them off. They will not fall apart once cooked.

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 05/24/20 03:52 PM

Those look great by the way.
Posted By: texfork

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 05/24/20 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by KRoyal
You have to cook them. White corn tortillas is all I eat. I spray both sides with Pam cooking spray. Then put them on a flat griddle on high heat. I continue to flip until there is just a little browning on both sides. Then take them off. They will not fall apart once cooked.

up

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 05/24/20 04:23 PM

Those look great by the way.

Thanks I was scared to cook them for fear the would dry out and crumble, now I know up
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 05/24/20 05:46 PM

Only had soft corn tortillas for years.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 05/24/20 05:50 PM

This is the way we do them.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 05/24/20 06:21 PM

Use white corn torts for what I call Juarez Tacos. Cook them with a dab of butter in a cast iron pan just until they firm up and slightly brown. Still soft but a tad of crunch on outside.
Posted By: BDB

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 05/25/20 08:42 PM

We eat lots of tacos...and have gas stove. Wife just throws the tortillas over the burner, no spray nothing. They will brown up just fine and will not fall apart.

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 05/25/20 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by BDB
We eat lots of tacos...and have gas stove. Wife just throws the tortillas over the burner, no spray nothing. They will brown up just fine and will not fall apart.

I used to do the same when I had a gas cook top. All electric now, really miss my gas.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 05/25/20 08:57 PM

I’d like to get some larger corn tortillas. I just can’t get enough stuff in those small ones.
Posted By: easton1025

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 05/25/20 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by snake oil

This is the way we do them.

Pam Butter flavor spray is the bomb as well....
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 05/26/20 01:04 AM

I'm hungry again now.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 05/26/20 12:58 PM

I take a damp paper towel, wrap them in it and put in the microwave for 30 seconds to give them a nice steam.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 05/26/20 07:16 PM

Like others have said, you have to cook them. Toast them up in a hot skillet and then put them in a tortilla warmer wrapped in paper towels so they can steam a little after toasting. I toast all tortillas either in a comal or over a fire. They are way better than eating right out of the bag or heating in the microwave.

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 05/31/20 04:03 PM

I spread a very thin layer of fake butter and lightly browned them on the Comal and it worked out well. Thanks for the input everyone up Left over Chorizo.

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
I’d like to get some larger corn tortillas. I just can’t get enough stuff in those small ones.

I stuffed them pretty good and they held together.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 06/01/20 07:42 PM

Nice! cheers food
Posted By: TLoving

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 06/02/20 12:54 AM

I made Huevos Rancheros tonight for supper. I tried the cook them first suggestion. It worked great. Thanks for posting this information.

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 06/02/20 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by TLoving

I made Huevos Rancheros tonight for supper. I tried the cook them first suggestion. It worked great. Thanks for posting this information.

No problem, glad I could help.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 06/03/20 02:20 AM

I haven't seen white corn tortillas any suggestions?
Posted By: decook

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 06/03/20 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher

I get them at HEB.
Posted By: PMK

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 06/03/20 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by decook
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

I get them at HEB.

x2

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 06/03/20 12:54 PM

I think every major grocery store sells them and I would be willing to bet most others do too.
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 06/06/20 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
I spread a very thin layer of fake butter and lightly browned them on the Comal and it worked out well. Thanks for the input everyone up Left over Chorizo.

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

I stuffed them pretty good and they held together.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh heck yes. food

Also... I swore off corn tortillas for fajitas and breakfast tacos a while back because they always fell apart. Had no idea they needed to be proper toasted. bang

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 06/06/20 02:50 PM

We grew white corn and took it to the grist meal when I was. Growing up.

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 06/07/20 04:39 PM

This time I sprayed them lightly with a Canola cooking oil, overcooked one and it was a little chewy but they stayed together. Going to try a cooking spray with a light butter flavor next time.
Jimmy Dean spicy sausage it was pretty good.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 06/07/20 05:03 PM

Looks great. Would. food

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 06/07/20 07:51 PM

The one you said is over cooked is exactly how I like mine. That one looks perfect to me.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: White Corn Tortillas - 06/07/20 07:54 PM

The one you said is over cooked is exactly how I like mine. That one looks perfect to me.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum