Texas Hunting Forum

Smoked meat

Posted By: Ox190

Smoked meat - 04/27/20 03:30 PM

Decided to fire up my big pit this weekend to smoke a brisket. Thought if I was going to burn that much wood I might as well fill her up. 1 brisket, 2 pork butts, 3 racks of ribs, 6 lbs of jalapeno sausage, some jalapeno poppers and 2 chunks of Spam. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Smoked meat - 04/27/20 03:32 PM

Heck yeah, gotta make it worth while when you got the pit fired up!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Smoked meat - 04/27/20 04:08 PM

Fantastic looking brisket food
Posted By: mbavo

Re: Smoked meat - 04/27/20 04:29 PM

Awesome!
All looks delicious!
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Smoked meat - 04/27/20 04:31 PM

That all looks fantastic!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Smoked meat - 04/27/20 04:31 PM

Greatness. food
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Smoked meat - 04/27/20 04:34 PM

Looks great!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Smoked meat - 04/27/20 04:42 PM

food
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Smoked meat - 04/27/20 04:43 PM

Nice! Must have a good sized smoker to fit all that meat in it.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Smoked meat - 04/27/20 05:04 PM

up ... everything looks good! I might have to try the smoked Spam!

Re: Smoked meat - 04/27/20 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by PMK
up ... everything looks good! I might have to try the smoked Spam!

This was my first time doing it, it's better than it should be. I may throw a couple of them on every time I smoke now.
Posted By: Thisisbeer

Re: Smoked meat - 04/27/20 05:49 PM

Nice work! Tell
Me more about the smoked spam? How long do you smoke it?

Re: Smoked meat - 04/27/20 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Thisisbeer
Nice work! Tell
Me more about the smoked spam? How long do you smoke it?

I smoked it for about 3 hours. Didn't do anything other than throw it on the smoker. I'm about to slice some up and sear it in a pan for a sandwich.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Smoked meat - 04/27/20 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Nice! Must have a good sized smoker to fit all that meat in it.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Smoked meat - 04/27/20 09:31 PM

I grew up eating spam in all sorts of forms but never thought about smoking it. My dad tried just about anything and I was right there trying it with him, I didn't know any different, it was food. While I was in CA on a long term business assignment, I was staying in an extended stay hotel that had a small kitchenette, and I was getting a flat rate meals per diem, so I did a lot of my meals in the hotel. I found a small over stocked food market (where over stocked or getting close to expiration major grocery stores sent stuff) that had various flavors of spam, smoked was one I tried and it was pretty good. Open a can, cut slices and place in a skillet until it browned, flip and repeat the entire can. That was good for dinner that night, making a couple sandwiches for lunch the next day and sometimes enough for dinner the following night. I bought all the things I grew up on in that store, vienna sausage, sardines in various sauces, deviled ham, corned beef hash ... a lot things most people probably wouldn't eat but I was raised on those things ... cheap eats. Fried bologna or salami works well too.

Re: Smoked meat - 04/27/20 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by PMK
I grew up eating spam in all sorts of forms but never thought about smoking it. My dad tried just about anything and I was right there trying it with him, I didn't know any different, it was food. While I was in CA on a long term business assignment, I was staying in an extended stay hotel that had a small kitchenette, and I was getting a flat rate meals per diem, so I did a lot of my meals in the hotel. I found a small over stocked food market (where over stocked or getting close to expiration major grocery stores sent stuff) that had various flavors of spam, smoked was one I tried and it was pretty good. Open a can, cut slices and place in a skillet until it browned, flip and repeat the entire can. That was good for dinner that night, making a couple sandwiches for lunch the next day and sometimes enough for dinner the following night. I bought all the things I grew up on in that store, vienna sausage, sardines in various sauces, deviled ham, corned beef hash ... a lot things most people probably wouldn't eat but I was raised on those things ... cheap eats. Fried bologna or salami works well too.

I can verify my smoked Spam, after being browned on each side in a skillet, made one heck of a sandwich.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Smoked meat - 04/28/20 11:24 AM

That all looks perfect. Going to try that Spam thing.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Smoked meat - 04/29/20 12:35 PM

Carnivores delight food
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum