Texas Hunting Forum

Grocery Store Sales

Posted By: Stub

Grocery Store Sales - 03/27/20 05:59 PM

Been a while since I listed any grocery sales adds, thought these nuggets were worth mentioning up

While I was at Tom Thumb Wednesday they have Pork Butt on sale for ¢.69 lb and their add said $1.69 lb on ST Louis style ribs Saturday - Tuesday.

So there ya go, until next time.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Grocery Store Sales - 03/27/20 06:40 PM

No sales at HEB, why people are buying stuff like crazy, no need to push product.

Re: Grocery Store Sales - 03/27/20 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
No sales at HEB, why people are buying stuff like crazy, no need to push product.

Agree. I have had two racks of Ribs in the freezer for to long,Sunday they will go on the smoker, so I will buy two more to have in the freezer for down the road up
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Grocery Store Sales - 03/27/20 08:10 PM

People are buying more because not as many are going out to eat. Grocers could be holding prices up but I don't see that. I say good on them for not taking advantage.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Grocery Store Sales - 03/27/20 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by jetdad

People are buying more because not as many are going out to eat. Grocers could be holding prices up but I don't see that. I say good on them for not taking advantage.

I concur. No HEB or Kroger ads in my area.

Re: Grocery Store Sales - 03/27/20 09:04 PM

Picked this up at Randall's this morning.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Grocery Store Sales - 03/27/20 09:38 PM

People are not even paying attention to prices, just grabbing and paying.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Grocery Store Sales - 03/29/20 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Picked this up at Randall's this morning.

[Linked Image]

Why are you still out running around?

Re: Grocery Store Sales - 03/29/20 03:56 PM

Okay folks I missed the Hook in Tom Thumbs Add hammer You have to buy $25.00 worth of groceries to get the ribs for $1.6lb and there Pork Butt is no longer ¢.69 lb confused2

Hate it when they do that, never remember them doing that until Safeway bought them and Albertsons.
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: Grocery Store Sales - 04/02/20 03:38 PM

Tom Thumb has family packs of Ribeyes for 6.77 a pound right now.

Re: Grocery Store Sales - 04/02/20 05:50 PM

HEB still didn't have one this week. The reduced prices are to draw in customers. HEB has all they can handle.

Re: Grocery Store Sales - 04/02/20 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
Okay folks I missed the Hook in Tom Thumbs Add hammer You have to buy $25.00 worth of groceries to get the ribs for $1.6lb and there Pork Butt is no longer ¢.69 lb confused2

Hate it when they do that, never remember them doing that until Safeway bought them and Albertsons.

Tom Thumb and Randall's are both owned by Safeway.

Safeway, the California company that owns Tom Thumb and several other supermarket chains, agreed to be acquired by an investment group led by Cerberus Capital Management, which owns the Albertsons chain. ... Houston-based Randall's Food Markets bought Dallas-based Tom Thumb in 1992, and Safeway acquired Randall's in 1999.Mar

Re: Grocery Store Sales - 04/02/20 06:07 PM

Safeway, the California company that owns Tom Thumb and several other supermarket chains, agreed to be acquired by an investment group led by Cerberus Capital Management, which owns the Albertsons chain. ... Houston-based Randall's Food Markets bought Dallas-based Tom Thumb in 1992, and Safeway acquired Randall's in 1999.Mar

Thanks....Oxnerpedia.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Grocery Store Sales - 04/02/20 06:19 PM

Thanks....Oxnerpedia.

roflmao

Re: Grocery Store Sales - 04/03/20 02:27 PM

HEB actually had their St. Louis ribs on sale when I was at the store this morning, guess Ill be BBQ'ing next weekend for Easter.

Re: Grocery Store Sales - 04/03/20 02:44 PM

HEB actually had their St. Louis ribs on sale when I was at the store this morning, guess Ill be BBQ'ing next weekend for Easter.

Next on my list.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Grocery Store Sales - 04/03/20 06:16 PM

Didn't see much on sale at our HEB. Wife said she wanted ribs and im never one to argue with ribs. Put a wheel barrow load of dry wood under the carport food
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum