Texas Hunting Forum

Meals good for freezing leftovers

Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Meals good for freezing leftovers - 03/21/20 02:27 AM

What's some of your favorite meals to freeze and eat later? Mine is chili. I went camping recently and took frozen chili and frozen stew. Chili was great. Stew was nasty.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Meals good for freezing leftovers - 03/21/20 03:52 AM

My favorite to freeze is a good meatloaf, baked in a loaf pan, then sliced about 1/2" thick for sandwiches. Thaw, batter and chicken fry then served on whole wheat bread that is done in a grilled cheese fashion with sliced cheese on both sides. Not that cheap American sliced cheese crap, pepper jack on one side, Swiss on the other.

Or chicken fry the sliced meatloaf and serve with mashed potatoes, gravy and vegetables
Posted By: rolyat.nosaj

Re: Meals good for freezing leftovers - 03/21/20 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
My favorite to freeze is a good meatloaf, baked in a loaf pan, then sliced about 1/2" thick for sandwiches. Thaw, batter and chicken fry then served on whole wheat bread that is done in a grilled cheese fashion with sliced cheese on both sides. Not that cheap American sliced cheese crap, pepper jack on one side, Swiss on the other.

Or chicken fry the sliced meatloaf and serve with mashed potatoes, gravy and vegetables

That sounds amazing. The wife doesn't like meatloaf but I bet she would like that.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Meals good for freezing leftovers - 03/21/20 01:00 PM

I'm having frozen spaghetti with meat sauce for dinner tonight.
Posted By: MikeU

Re: Meals good for freezing leftovers - 03/21/20 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher

I am going to skip the freezing part and just make this for dinner. Thanks
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Meals good for freezing leftovers - 03/21/20 03:27 PM

I never have enough left over to freeze.
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Meals good for freezing leftovers - 03/21/20 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
What's some of your favorite meals to freeze and eat later? Mine is chili. I went camping recently and took frozen chili and frozen stew. Chili was great. Stew was nasty.

I am with you on the stew being nasty. I tried it years ago , but never again. I do freeze chili all the time and it is always better when thawed out later.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Meals good for freezing leftovers - 03/21/20 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by TPACK
Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj

I am with you on the stew being nasty. I tried it years ago , but never again. I do freeze chili all the time and it is always better when thawed out later.

Its the stock in the stew. It becomes lumpy.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Meals good for freezing leftovers - 03/21/20 04:41 PM

Frozen stew makes great tacos with enough pico.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Meals good for freezing leftovers - 03/21/20 05:01 PM

Pinto Beans, chili, homemade sauces, bbq, just hard to prep for those things right now when majority of the ingredients are low.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Meals good for freezing leftovers - 03/21/20 07:04 PM

Chili, gumbo, beans, etc.
Posted By: texfork

Re: Meals good for freezing leftovers - 03/21/20 10:52 PM

Chili , pulled pork , soups , bisket , etouffee ,
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum